Starting Tomorrow!

MightyBee

Hello Everyone!  I wanted to share some things I learned while doing Whole 30 that might help you.  First, I have never made it all the way through the Whole 30 which is why I am starting tomorrow!  Yes, it's a Wednesday and it's in the middle of the week but for some reason this really works for me probably because it helps me get through the first weekend.  This time, I am going to make it all the way through.  In fact, I'm going to do what I am calling Whole 30 For Life.  Here's what I discovered when I did Whole 30 for 3 weeks.  I felt AMAZING!  Seriously, I felt like I was 20 years old again.  It's the best I have felt in years.  My blood pressure completely normalized.  My cravings vanished and my appetite normalized.  I had amazing energy and I was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed after the first 8 days.  My fog-brain absolutely disappeared.  My stomach was flatter.  I wasn't bloated at all and I could breathe so much better.  I was sleeping much much better.  I laughed more even!  Then, I decided to go off of it to see how I would feel if I went back to my old habits.  You can probably guess.  I felt like absolute CRAP.  I was sluggish, tired, fuzzy-headed.  It was downright awful.  And it made me realize that I never ever want to go back to those bad habits.  This is what Whole 30 did for me - it showed me how great I could feel and all the incredible benefits.  So tomorrow my new Healthy Life begins and I am so excited about feeling great again!  If you are having any doubts about doing Whole 30...don't worry!!  It is a little bit scary at first but once you get used to it, your body will start to do some amazing things!  I do use the Whole 30 Day by Day journal which really helped me to stay on track and it acted as a reminder of why I'm doing this.  And cooking out of the Whole 30 cookbooks is so much fun.  Knowing that I'm making healthy meals ALL THE TIME.  Good luck to you on your journey.  IT's SO worth it!!

Hi, good luck for tomorrow. I did my first W30 starting in July 20th last year, and did 160(ish) days - introduced wine but nothing else at all- , then had 2 days at Christmas where I ate 2 chocolates and a bit of Christmas pudding, then have been back on it ever since, with a 2nd strict ‘back to basics’ 30 in January 2021. It’s definitely become a lifestyle now for me; I cook every day, I don’t even really think about dairy, grains or even sugar, and on the whole I feel really good. Even through a tough winter lockdown here in the UK. 

I’m actually feeling a bit rubbish and tired today, moody...but still no temptations to eat junk to numb the pain! 

have a great day 1 tomorrow! 

Archived