Stuck in the Bathroom : /

Scott545

This is a little embarrassing to disclose however it has been going on since I began the Whole30 Feb 1st. 

Is it normal to have the “runs” when starting the Whole30? When can I expect to have a solid BM during this program? My boyfriend and I are both experiencing this. We have been eating nothing but Whole30 approved healthy meals.

Please Help!

• Moderators

Yikes! This is not that out of the ordinary but definitely seems like it's been going on longer than necessary.  Are you eating a lot of something that maybe you never used to eat before? Like nuts or coconut? Both of those can cause digestive distress.  Are you noticing this after every meal or just certain ones?

Maybe list a few days of typical meals and we can see what, if anything, stands out?  Have you considered that it might not be the Whole30 also? Since both you and your boyfriend have this and it's not typical for two people to react exactly the same to the exact same food/meals, could there be a bug or something?

Thank you for your suggestions! It is possible it could be a result of eating more nuts and dates possibly? We each eat probably at least one Lara Bar a day where nuts and dates were not previously apart of our diet. I also think it could be from cooking with ghee instead of regular butter?  Was thinking also maybe with cutting all grains out of our diets maybe food it’s kind of “running” right through us?

We have tried a variety of Whole30 meals, Buffalo wings, chili, coconut shrimp, meat balls with marinara, BLT chicken salad, Eggroll bowls, etc 

Both of us feel fine other then spending more time in the bathroom so I don’t think it is a bug

• Moderators

There are some veggies that have a tendancy to 'firm' things up that you might try adding - white potatoes, plantains (whoa boy!)... I would skip the nuts/dates/lara bars for now and see where that gets you.  Are you also eating a lot more coconut than you used to? That can do it also...

Archived