Cocktail Sauce

I. Dunk. Food.

Seriously, this newbie needs a spicy delicious compliant cocktail sauce recipe ASAP.

And possibly some other horseradish filled goodness

Help?

I love love home made mayo with a chili oil/paste that I make myself. Very yummy. I haven't found compliant horse radish and I have looked everywhere. I miss it.

Here's a link to a recipe for making your own horseradish. No sugar. (It says the tubers can be purchased at places like Whole Foods.)

Awesome Teza. Headed to WF today and I will grab one. I see it all the time but until I see a recipe, I don't like to grab stuff. I will use my coconut vinegar and mix in a little mayo since it says it's spicier than store bought. Now I want prime rib. :)

http://www.spoonfulofsugarfree.com/2012/04/12/homemade-sugar-free-ketchup/

This is actually a recipe for ketchup, but if you switch up the cinnamon and cloves for lemon and horseradish, you have cocktail sauce! I had to add a lot of water to mine to get it right, but once I refrigerated it it became the real thing. I was so excited to realize that shrimp cocktail is not just paleo - it's whole30 compliant!

As far as horseradish, I'm pretty sure the ingredients on my bottle were Horseradish and Water. I'm going to double check when I get home, and maybe I can get you guys a brand name. Even if it isn't no biggie, I actually haven't had any since I started whole30.

That ketchup recipe looks great!

I just bought eight cans of organic tomato paste at Costco yesterday (ingredients: tomatoes) and asked myself what on earth I was going to use all that tomato paste for! Will love it with meatballs and meatloaf (which is where I like to "hide" organ meats).

Thank you, kshacklett!

Just wanted to give you guys an update on the horseradish I use. It's Golds Horseradish (ingredients: horseradish, beets, vinegar, salt) and it comes without the beets, too, I just like the extra flavor. I got it at a "regular" grocery store, and as weird as this sounds, I think it might have been in the dairy aisle, near the eggs. Good luck!

Archived