5 timer at day 22 with a drop in energy

Marina20

At day 22 and being really compliant I'm not feeling my usual buzz and sharpness of mind.  I'm a runner and just haven't run this week.  I'm eating what I would normally but I'm missing the zing and hustle - which is the whole30 point for me.  My day consists of 2 eggs for breakfast and a long iced black coffee, a gazpacho or lettuce tacos for lunch and a big steak or chicken breast for dinner with loads of salad or roast veggies.  Not sure what is going on but I just want it to click.  Ideas?

• Moderators

Sounds like you're not eating enough to be honest.  Eggs when they are your sole source of protein at a meal should be as many as you can hold in one hand without dropping or mix in another protein like leftovers from the night before. It's hard to tell from how you've written but it looks like sometimes your lunch is gazpacho? you also don't list any fat in any of your meals.  Take a look at the meal template (linked in my signature below) and see if your meals are matching that... also, if you're running, are you also eating pre or post workout meal/snacks? 

21 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

Sounds like you're not eating enough to be honest.  Eggs when they are your sole source of protein at a meal should be as many as you can hold in one hand without dropping or mix in another protein like leftovers from the night before. It's hard to tell from how you've written but it looks like sometimes your lunch is gazpacho? you also don't list any fat in any of your meals.  Take a look at the meal template (linked in my signature below) and see if your meals are matching that... also, if you're running, are you also eating pre or post workout meal/snacks? 

@SugarcubeODthanks Lovely, appreciate the response.  I'm not sure as I've only ever eaten two eggs ever since I started doing W30.  But something is no right so I'll give it a go.  Gazpacho is a cold tomato and veggie soup, from Spain - I usually have it with chicken wings or something.  I haven't lost weight, I don't think so I don't think I'm starving myself.  When I feel like running I usually do it straight up and then eat breakfast,  but I haven't has the energy so that's not really happening.  Anyway I'll change up the eggs and give myself more time.  Many thanks xx

I’m a runner and I find that actually it’s the day after when I feel like I need more food (even if that day I don’t run) - running itself can be quite appetite suppressing- so I’d Be mindful that you are eating enough. I find the early weeks of W30 aren’t great for running stamina though, (a bit like you’re dragging a heavy weight behind you sometimes?) and I find it takes a while to get the balance right of pre-run/ post run, and meals. 

I think you’ve identified that something’s not quite right and if you normally love your run and you’re not feeling it this week, that is maybe your body saying you need more fuel in the tank? 

It also depends how long you’re running for, but when I do a long one I like to run fasted or I get a stitch so I ‘preload’ the night before, having sweet potato and some protein before I go to bed, and drink loads of water the day before too, so I can get up and go straight out without having to eat and wait. Would that work for you? 

Archived