Trader Joe's No sugar dry rubbed uncured bacon

Queenbeejo

• Moderators

It's not ideal according to the 'no seed oils at home' but it's up to you.  Seed oils are okay when eating out (because otherwise it would be near impossible to eat out) so if you're like me and never eat out, then you can make that decision for yourself if you get what I mean.  Again, not ideal but not the worst thing in the world.

ISWF says consuming seed oils with high levels of omega-6 promotes inflammation. For these reasons, industrially processed seed oils violate the Whole30 Good Food standard. It goes on to say that the smartest choice is to avoid all seed oils and rely on the stable, health-promoting oils.

• Moderators
On 3/5/2021 at 7:54 PM, simmie said:

ISWF says consuming seed oils with high levels of omega-6 promotes inflammation. For these reasons, industrially processed seed oils violate the Whole30 Good Food standard. It goes on to say that the smartest choice is to avoid all seed oils and rely on the stable, health-promoting oils.

The only seed oils that are specifically excluded are the ones that are off limits according to the no grains, no legumes rule: corn, rice bran, soybean and peanut. The rest are encouraged to be limited at home (safflower, sunflower, canola, grapeseed or sesame) but not specifically excluded. Like I said in the previous post, if you were a person that was eating out a lot, you'd be potentially exposed to those oils in quantity which would mean that limiting them at home would be in the participants best interest. If seed oils are fine for occassional eating out and the person does not eat out ever (like me, for instance) then their exposure to the seed oils would be almost nil except for perhaps in something like this bacon which would be a personal choice.

ISWF gives the science and 'best practice' for foods - the rules/recommendations are what drives the program.

See the 'Limit Vegetable Oils' section of this article. 

https://whole30.com/rules-recommendations/

Archived