58 Days in and Wondering When I Get To Feel Good

bobert

I started January 8, 2021.  My worst problems relate to mental and physical fatigue.  I don't feel any better than 2 months ago; worse maybe.   Should I still keep hoping or am I doing something wrong?

First, I believe I have kept the Whole30 faith; rules and regs. 

I am mid 60's,  6 ft and 180.  I have stopped regular walking but keep doing physical activity like shoveling dirt, moving rocks, splitting wood, and chasing cows.  It wears me out but I keep at it.  I have lost about 15 pounds, though it wasn't my goal.  I eat a lot, it seems, and the weight has plateaued. 

I haven't cheated on the diet to my knowledge, my only infractions being 2 or 3 times eating a helping of meat that may have had a bit of sweetener and/or grain coating.  No soda, cookies, beans, bread, or any of the banned stuff. My beef and liver come from my own grass fed steer, my own chickens provide my free range eggs.  Seeds and nuts are all raw.  Plenty of structured water. 

I have found some pleasure in frozen banana smoothies, with silk milk, vanilla extract, and apple juice concentrate.  I stopped that, and basically all other fruit and juice for 2 weeks but didn't notice any improvement.  Started doing limited amounts 5 days ago and haven't felt any better or worse.

I take some vitamins and script thyroid med, no other prescriptions.  I had covid during my W-30 time, just being very fatigued or 5 days while my children had fever and cold symptoms, none of us too sick.  That seemed to end 3 weeks ago.  My 3 children tested positive; mine was negative but the doctor was certain I had it.

The food isn't too bad.  I miss bread and beans but want to feel better so much that I can do this longer if it has benefit.  I eat lots of beef, pork, eggs, liver & onions, rot-kol cabbage, avocados, sweet potatoes, coconut oil, cucumbers, celery, sweet potato chili, pumpkin curry soup, seeds and cashews.  A little bit of curried cauliflower, almond silk milk, almond flour biscuits, waffles with strawberry syrup (once, today). 

Don't know what else.  I think I am doing it but sure would like to feel better. 

Any one done it this long before getting good?  Thanks for any insight

Can I be honest with you? It sounds like post -Covid fatigue. I had Covid in November and like you I wasn’t really that ill, I felt very tired and had no cough or temperature or any thing like that. I am very fit, I run 100 miles a week and workout 3-4 times a week and generally eat fully Whole30 for the last 8 months now. But those 5/6 weeks after Covid, I just felt so empty. It really knocked me! I was tired, exhausted even. I was also very tearful and emotional. I was still doing my workouts but it felt like a chore. Then, suddenly, about end of jan/beginning of feb it just lifted away and I felt brilliant again! 

Keep with the food, it’s the best medicine for this virus. I found I was eating much more fruit, some dates, things like that as my body wanted the energy (these are ok after the 30 days but monitor the sugar dragon!). Once I felt better I then did another strict 30 days. 

Day 62 - A little better for the last 3 days, but still expecting to be free of the brain fog and have my body energy back.  Continuing in the faith of the W-30 food without cheats.

Rebecca, Thanks for the nice note.  I hope your are right.  I know Covid hangs on.  I started a 3 month mineral cleanse about a year ago, then went to a DMSA for some months.  I still don't feel as well as I did before I started all that, which was not very perky, and the medical/naturalpath docs said I was clean in November. 

My brain fog and body fatigue have been slowly spiraling down hill for 40+ years.  Does anyone have any experience that long term brain fog takes longer than 30 days to correct?

???:  It seems like W-30 directs a lot of meat and to keep a strict regimen of 3 big meals per day and no snacks.  Does anyone have experience with 1) less meat, 2) small meals more frequent?  Weight gain is not my issue.

Archived