Temptation showed up on my doorstep! Literally! Help...

dotamy

This is my second W30, day 7, and it's been going super well - nothing like my first w30 (w45) last June. My day is humming along...preparing to make yummy lunch and I get a knock on the door...it's FedEx...with a king cake (we are from New Orleans originally)...one of those cultural oh-my-god foods you remember eating from the tiniest of ages...it's basically the best giant cinnamon roll ever. From my mom.

I texted my husband (who is on his 2nd W30 too) for some support - he asked if his dad sent it - which means we will be getting one more cake! Noooooooo...

Help! I hid the damn thing under some papers in my dining room, but it is SCREAMING AT ME LOL. I don't think a bigger trigger could have shown up at my door. What do I do?? Freeze it? Put it in our storage unit ten miles away?? LOL Help!

Do you have a neighbor that you could give the cake to? Or a family friend, or co-worker?

Hiding it will help until you can get it out of the house, but I think getting it out of the house will be your best option.

And remember that you are stronger than temptation! You can do it! You can resist!

Stay strong! Say to yourself - It's not what I eat. Give it away! Or even throw it in the garbage, why would you make someone else less healthy and load them with this?

Anyways, deal with it right now :)

My colleague is a crazy baker, she brought a giant piece of a carrot cake. As our desks are super close I had to have it sitting on my desk until she went somewhere.

Oh boy - throwing it out or giving it away has a truly awful tone to it. Which leads to emotional things - because this thing is NOT just a slab of chocolate cake and can be ignored. Crap. It's all of the culturally relevant things we deeply miss about this time of year that are no longer a part of our lives. This is homesickness in a box. And it's rolled up in an effing cake dropped onto my doorstep 800 miles away. LOL - New Orleans is a sick town!

I'm hiding it in my freezer in the garage. Behind lots of things of no temptation but not much circulation. And I will have *some* in April when my W100 is complete. Because its WORTH it. But yep, I'm way stronger than this cake. I will look at some family pics of Mardi Gras instead. :) I have to learn to know temptation and not run from it, but just move on from it.

Oh no! I wasn't upset in the least!!! :) I was being totally self absorbed about how Awful (capital A) I would feel envisioning giving it to my confused Little Debbie eating neighbors. No worries. And I had a huge romaine turkey burger tomato avocado cucumber homemade mayo peace-offering lunch with myself and I felt MUCH better! The cake is still hiding in the dining room but its safe in its box. ;)

Archived