Eliminating eggs.

kitmao

I'm not sure if this has already been addressed (or if this is the best section to post this in). If this has been addressed, please let me know!

I'm participating in the Whole100 that a large group is doing. I did a Whole50 in August/September. I noticed a lot of improvement in my health, but there is one thing that has never improved - inflammation in my hip. I'm at an impasse with my doctor as I can't take anti-inflammatory drugs while pregnant. Long story...

Anyway, I'm on a mission this year to dramatically improve my health and just take care of myself. I learned last year I am very sensitive to a lot of foods I never knew was making me sick. Basically, to be my healthiest, I would have to remain eating 100% clean paleo. Just a reality for me and I'm ok with it.

It occurred to me that in 2008, when I had an allergy test done and discovered I was very allergic to milk, I also tested positive to an allergy to eggs. It came up with a low number and so the doctor brushed it off like it wasn't something to worry about. Now that I realize I can't eat dairy, wheat, sugar, some seed oils, and soy without having a negative reaction, I'm wondering if I'm so sensitive to food that eggs might be messing with me and I don't know it.

I'm not really wanting to get rid of eggs, but I need to know if they are causing me health issues, so I will be eliminating them for the next 30 days. My question is, particularly since I'm pregnant, should I supplement with anything that I will be losing by not eating eggs (especially if this turns out to have to be a permanent thing)? If so, are there food sources I can use to supplement or certain supplements that would be advisable to take? My goal is optimal health, so I don't want to wind up eliminating something and not getting it from another source.

I hope eggs do nothing negative to me, but I'll never know unless I try this!

Eggs have a bunch of good stuff in them, but considering you've got a lot of food sensitivities, i think it's worth going without for 30 days.

Imo, and this isn't the official word on it...just how I feel based on the nutrients you'd be losing from the eggs, you REALLY need to get friendly with some offal, mainly liver. Folate, choline, Vit A, etc. awesome stuff

You don't actually have to cook/eat the stuff in a meal. M&D chop it up into cubes, freeze them, and pop them as pills.

Eggs have a bunch of good stuff in them, but considering you've got a lot of food sensitivities, i think it's worth going without for 30 days.

Imo, and this isn't the official word on it...just how I feel based on the nutrients you'd be losing from the eggs, you REALLY need to get friendly with some offal, mainly liver. Folate, choline, Vit A, etc. awesome stuff

You don't actually have to cook/eat the stuff in a meal. M&D chop it up into cubes, freeze them, and pop them as pills.

It never even occured to me to do this for food I don't like! I know offal is supposed to have great benefits, but I just can't stand the thought of eating organs...I may have to try this!

That's an interesting way to eat liver. I know the primal parent lady has some interesting ways of getting it down too. I think I'll start making a much better effort of eating it. I do like beef heart, but I hear liver is the gold mine.

I hope, hope, hope that this proves to just be a 30 day without eggs and I find out they don't mess with me. But I should find out considering it did come up on an allergy test and I'm so sensitive to many other things. I know eggs are so good for you, and I sure eat a lot of them right now!

I'll look into the duck egg/different bird eggs idea and see if that's true for me after the 30 days (if chicken eggs turn out to be a problem). A store by me sells pastured duck eggs by the dozen right next to their chicken eggs. $1 difference. Maybe I'll get lucky, but I thought goat milk would be different than cow milk and it isn't for me. :( Its less of a problem, but still a problem.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Archived