When does the miracle happen??

MamaDrew

I know everyone says they feel great doing Whole30's and eating Paleo and I have a question....When the heck does that happen???!! I'm on Day Nine now and I'm still feeling super tired and worn down. I don't have any headaches or anything and I haven't had any really bad cravings. I did have a couple weird food/alcohol dreams where I cheated and then felt so bad. I feel good just because I'm eatting healthy but I honestly can't tell a difference yet other than I just really want to go back to bed. And my stomach is really hurtting still from yesterday, I don't know if I ate something that didn't agree with me or if I'm catching a bug but I just feel "ugh". I need some motivation, let me know it will get better! :)

It gets better! But I can't tell you when exactly.

I completed my first whole45 December 15, and I can't exactly say WHEN I started getting better. Some changes started happening at different times. By week three, I had noticed most of the improvements (I've listed my results here: http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/5085-slaying-the-sugar-dragon-after-action-report/page__fromsearch__1)

It also depends what type of improvement you're looking for. It might already be happening if you listen to your body and not focus on the one improvement you're waiting for. That being said, day 9 is still early. Keep in mind that the program was designated to be (at least) 30 days, because for most people, real change will happen at around day 20-25. If 10 days was all you needed, then it would be Whole10.

Be patient, and listen to your body. Maybe your cravings are weaker by now. Maybe your sleep is deeper. Or maybe you get less hungry between your meals. When you don't have many health issues, change is more subtle than someone who succeeded in getting off all their meds! But it will happen! Just pay attention to how you are feeling overall not just sleep/energy.

Hi!

After completeing my first whole 40 in Aug/Sept of last year I was one of those people that the feeling of downright exhuastion ended around day 16 or 17. I started sleeping better around day 21. But that is just me. Everyone is a little different. But I had noted other early changes as not hungry between meals, skin clearing up, scalp not itiching.

Please try to be patient. Your body is trying to heal itself and you need to give it time. I have still not cracked the complete code for the reason I started the whole 30 (my migraines) but I am close.

Archived