Given the high cholesterol content of meat (all kinds but especially red meat) and in eggs, how does the Whole30 diet reconcile this issue with being a healthy diet? what is the experience to date with the changes in the cholesterol levels on this program?    ron

• Moderators

Dietary cholesterol is not equal to blood cholesterol - there is a ton of research and information around things like eggs and cholesterol in red meat.

If you're interested in more indepth reading, I'd suggest the book Eat the Yolks by Liz Wolfe.  Here are also some articles about cholesterol that were posted on our forum a few years ago - I have not clicked through all of them so i'm not sure they're all still active but there should be a few good ones in there to get you started.

Here are a collection of articles to get you started:

@RonRaz Everyone is unique but, after 4 months of essentially W30 eating everyday (includes high quality meat (chicken, beef, pork, lamb, duck) on the regular plus a daily consumption of 3 -4 eggs), my LDL level dropped significantly and my HDH rose somewhat. First time my cholestrol has been in a healthy range for a couple of years. My BP has also dropped despite a significant decrease in exercise due to foot injury and, you know, covid.

I'm convinced that we've long been fed a load of crap (no pun intended) around what constitutes healthy diet/lifestyle and believe 100% that the W30 approach is the best way to eat. period

Archived