Is it okay to drink tea w/ coconut milk any time of day?

christiner

I am now on day 4.

I am a tea drinker and have been for quite some time. When I have tea with coconut milk, is it best for me to have this tea with meals or is it okay for me to have tea with coconut milk at any time?

I'm just wondering if having tea with coconut milk at 4 in the afternoon makes it seem like a "snack" and if I need to stay away from doing that.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Good earth makes a few really good teas. My favorite that I drink caffeinated all day and decaf at night is original sweet and spicy. It has red roobois, chicory root, rose hips, cinnamon, lemongrass, peppermint, papaya leaves, chamomile, panax ginseng leaves, anise seed, dandelion root, ginger root, orange oil and orange peel. Obviously it has a lot of everything but the flavors blend together nicely.

Good earth is really yummy tea and love the bengal spice! I make cold process soap and used it as inspiration for a batch, using essential oils to simulate the flavor--was one of my best batches ever! I need to make more lol.

I just picked up a box of Numi holiday herbal chai to have in the afternoons and I can hardly wait to brew a cup! Going to try some coconut milk in it as I like creamy chai. My MIL just bought herself a coffee pot that has instant hot water for brewing tea and I WANT ONE! lol!

• 1 year later...

I am finding Chai tea goes best with coconut milk, though I still miss my 1/2 teaspoon of honey! (I can't drink my regular Earl Grey with coconut mik). Zhenas Gypsy Coconut Chai is my favourite.

My other 'go to' teas are non-caffeinated Honeybush teas. From T2 (Australian store) they sell Vanilla Honey, and Honey Honey honeybush tea. (No added sweeteners or honey, but a slight natural sweetness that goes well with coconut milk, and no bitterness like black tea). It is similar to rooibos.

I have tried green tea again (Jasmine Green Tea), but without any honey, it tastes like soap.

Lemongrass & Ginger, or Lemon & Ginger herbal teas/ infusions are quite palatable. Pukka brand have some full on herbal teas, if you can handle them!

Archived