Cali to Canada, INFINITY & Beyond!

Shaunna

Ladies, I'm making Meatza Pizza as I type this. It smells amazing! Proud of you guys... keep up the good work. I have been suffering with a horrible headache since yesterday but I know it will pass soon! The first few days are not the easiest that's for sure!

Day 2

breakfast - ground beef burger, 1 cup broccoli, 1 piece bacon, 1/2 avocado, 1 egg, water

lunch - 1/2 grilled chicken breast, 1/4 cup macadamia & pistachios, 8 plantain chips, water, green/black tea

dinner - meatza pizza with ground beef, pizza sauce (whole30 approved, of course!), salami (whole30 as well), black olives, pineapple, mushrooms

snacks - 2 eggs, broccoli, coconut flakes, larabar (boo!, trying not to eat them but it was an emergency), more broccoli and some ground beef

Shaunna, I am SOOO going to try out your meatza recipe. It sounds so easy and yummy:)

Day 4

Breakfast: kitchen sink soup with tomato, bok choy, baby bok choy, 2 eggs and bone broth

Lunch: salad (lettuce, tomato, bell pepper) and braised liver

Snack: chunks of carrot, cucumber, and jicama

Dinner: unsweetened chocolate, big handful of mac nuts and brazil nuts

I was craving protein but was too busy with work and school to make anything. I was okay with no fruit, but definitely felt a bit hungry:(

Hope everyone else had a good day!!!

Shaunna, I am SOOO going to try out your meatza recipe. It sounds so easy and yummy:)

Day 4

Breakfast: kitchen sink soup with tomato, bok choy, baby bok choy, 2 eggs and bone broth

Lunch: salad (lettuce, tomato, bell pepper) and braised liver

Snack: chunks of carrot, cucumber, and jicama

Dinner: unsweetened chocolate, big handful of mac nuts and brazil nuts

I was craving protein but was too busy with work and school to make anything. I was okay with no fruit, but definitely felt a bit hungry:(

Hope everyone else had a good day!!!

Yay! You make it look SO easyyy! You're awesome. Me on the other hand? Not so much :( I just can't seem to get it together. Snacking on gold fish (I know, seriously!?) and drinking orange juice and having a PB&J sandwich. This is all the crap the kids I nanny for like to eat. I sat down tonight and had a little talk with myself & I'm going to put in as much effort as I did during my first whole30. Because I totally ruled that one, and this one should be the same! Tomorrow is a new day... I PROMISE, no more fails! :)

And tomorrow I will most likely fast up until dinner time. I know I won't be feeling well tomorrow which means I won't want to eat... Dinner is already planned & will be 4-5 eggs, asparagus, a few pistachios and/or macadamia nuts.

HEY! Listen, Shaunna. You made it through 30 days once, you can do it again. But sometimes, it takes a while for us to muster that energy up to endure through another one. Don't apologize for the learning process along the way. ;)

One thing I really learned was to LIVE. Eating the whole 30 for the rest of my life is TOUGH. I love having an occasional greek salad or having some fullfat cream with berries! We are both waaaaay too young to get hung up on one meal, one day, or even one week. I know that everytime I binge on sugar or eat a lot right before bed I get a better sense of how this is all hurting me. Eventually, after I fail and give in enough times, I will learn that none of this crappy aftermath is worth it. That's the case with apples and FODMAP fruits at the moment. I don't think it's tasty enough for me to suffer the amount that I do after eating them. Therefore, I have finally learned to lay off it. If you just allow yourself to make some mistakes, it will benefit you in the long run! I had feta cheese today because a VERY special friend made me a delicious greek salad. I don't want to apologize for it because I enjoyed it.

That was my big paragraph of nonsense. My point is, don't worry, we all slip up...sometimes we slip up a few times in a row but that's perfectly fine. No one's judging you. I still think you are wicked awesome (seriously, no bullshit).

Let's restart together tomorrow:)

xoxoxo

On the other hand, I hope everyone else had a lovely day. Stay strong!!!

HEY! Listen, Shaunna. You made it through 30 days once, you can do it again. But sometimes, it takes a while for us to muster that energy up to endure through another one. Don't apologize for the learning process along the way. ;)

One thing I really learned was to LIVE. Eating the whole 30 for the rest of my life is TOUGH. I love having an occasional greek salad or having some fullfat cream with berries! We are both waaaaay too young to get hung up on one meal, one day, or even one week. I know that everytime I binge on sugar or eat a lot right before bed I get a better sense of how this is all hurting me. Eventually, after I fail and give in enough times, I will learn that none of this crappy aftermath is worth it. That's the case with apples and FODMAP fruits at the moment. I don't think it's tasty enough for me to suffer the amount that I do after eating them. Therefore, I have finally learned to lay off it. If you just allow yourself to make some mistakes, it will benefit you in the long run! I had feta cheese today because a VERY special friend made me a delicious greek salad. I don't want to apologize for it because I enjoyed it.

That was my big paragraph of nonsense. My point is, don't worry, we all slip up...sometimes we slip up a few times in a row but that's perfectly fine. No one's judging you. I still think you are wicked awesome (seriously, no bullshit).

Let's restart together tomorrow:)

xoxoxo

On the other hand, I hope everyone else had a lovely day. Stay strong!!!

You are the best, Keren! And I totally agree with you... Thank you for making me feel better :) :)

:)

Today was pretty awesome. I did the CrossfitForHope wod and then roamed my local farmer's market. What a lovely Saturday!

Breakfast: kitchen sink soup with Asian Greens, arugula, eggplant, a tomato, one egg, and 5 quail eggs

Snack: organic, fair trade coffee..mmmm

Lunch: salad with bell peppers, banana peppers, almonds, nectarine, blackberries and braised pork neck bones

Snack: a banana

Dinner; Wild caught halibut stew. The taste of wild caught fish is truly amazing. There is no sketchy fishiness at all..100% deliciousness.

I hope everyone else had a lovely Saturday! :D

I know everyone has probably been too busy to update this thread but I hope you guys are all having a great week. If not, don't worry tomorrow is a brand new day:)

I've been having a pretty awesome week. I haven't had much no-no foods around the house. By no-no foods, I mean FODMAP fruits like apples, oranges, pears. Instead, I've had berries, cherries, and bananas so my stomach is happy thus making me happy. I also have a lot more ready-to-eat veggies like bell peppers, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, and salad mix to cut down cooking time. In doing so, I have had no reason to eat a truck load of nuts or dates so once again, I'm a happy camper!

I finally see the importance of prepping food for cooking or eating ahead of time and always keeping good options on hand. I'm going to stock up on good fruits and quick summer veggies from now on to keep myself on track!

Yay for summer veggies!!

Archived