Smoking meat

shilneyj93

• Moderators

It's not that Whole30 doesn't 'allow' smoked meats it's that it is nearly impossible to find smoked meats that have all compatible ingredients. If you smoke your own meat and the ingredients in any rub or brine (??) is compatible then go for it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I like to smoke the meat at home because it has a delicious flavor. Sometimes the meat smells of vanilla, other times of caramel. I experimented with many ways to smoke meat. I love ribs with kosher salt and black pepper, and a little bit of garlic. All the ingredients are good, chosen by me, the less, so the intense taste of the smoking will be present. Also, lately, I have tried to dry the meat to cook homemade beef jerky. I ate it with a friend, and I liked that it wasn't too dry. I asked him where he bought it from, and he told me, well, you can do it at home too. Ok, I was looking for a good dehydrator at bigwigjerky.com.au and I tried my best to have a good result.

• 8 months later...

If you prepare meat for smoking, do not use wood and sawdust of coniferous trees and birch for smoking. The finished product will eventually have a bitter taste with a specific smell of tar

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Archived