Did I fail?

Help!!!!

I was on day 22 of my Whole30 and my loving husband (who has done 3 rounds with me, but not this one) made me some potatoes. He sprayed the foil lined baking sheet with a cooking spray that had Soy Lecithin. Do I need to start over? I did not ask if he used the spray (he has never used it before).

Normally, I wouldn't ask. I am doing the whole30 as a bigger program and if I failed W30, I failed the bigger program.

Thank you,
Amanda K.

• Moderators

First, you didn't 'fail' the Whole30. That's very harsh. 

I'm going to post the link to our article that we suggest that you read about starting over but first, I'm going to share my thoughts.

Soy can be hugely problematic for some people (myself included) and it's a completely unnecessary filler ingredient in most products you find it in. Part of doing the whole30 is to do the reintroductions and test for whether items bother you.

BUT, unless he sprayed the actual potatoes with the spray or you licked the baking sheet clean or he put so much of the spray that the potatoes were sitting in a puddle, the amount you actually ingested of the soy additive in that spray is probably negligible and if it was ME? I would not start over.  But have a read through the article and then lets chat about it

https://whole30.com/start-over/

On 5/15/2021 at 8:57 PM, Lilsnow07 said:
Help!!!!

I was on day 22 of my Whole30 and my loving husband (who has done 3 rounds with me, but not this one) made me some potatoes. He sprayed the foil lined baking sheet with a cooking spray that had Soy Lecithin. Do I need to start over? I did not ask if he used the spray (he has never used it before).

Normally, I wouldn't ask. I am doing the whole30 as a bigger program and if I failed W30, I failed the bigger program.

Thank you,
Amanda K.

Let me guess, 75 Hard?

Archived