I just got braces and a bite plate which I quickly found out doesn’t  let my molars meet in the back, and it’s almost impossible to chew anything like that! I know that smoothies are frowned upon, but I was wondering if there is a good meal replacement shake or smoothie that is whole 30 compliant and will give me the nutrients that I need.

• Moderators

This is a situation where smoothies could be fine. I'm not sure of any particular pre-made kind that would be Whole30 compatible, but you could make them yourself. Try not to use too much fruit, try to include leafy greens, canned pumpkin, or cooked sweet potato.

You could also do soups. Blend them up and they should be drinkable. This will probably be an easier way to get protein and vegetables. Maybe scrambled eggs, mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes or other vegetables cooked very soft and mashed?

Definitely find out from your dentist or orthodontist if this is normal. Hopefully if it is, it's something that won't last very long.