Can I have more than one decaf black coffee daily on 30 day reset?

DavidLINY

Hello Everyone,

I'm doing Chris Kresser's 30 day reset. He states clearly that you can have one cup of coffee per day, but I cannot find anywhere whether there is an exception for decaf coffee?

Thank you for any input!

Dave

• Moderators

This forum is for Whole30, not for Chris Kresser's program. You'd probably need to find a forum or Facebook group or suReddit for that program to be sure you get the correct information, although maybe someone here will have an answer for you.

I understand that, however the question seems generic enough. And besides, their website refers people to you with recommendation, not sure if you knew that.

Anyway, not a complex question, maybe someone knows. In fact, I'm happy to take the answer in a whole30 context.

Thanks

• Moderators

Hey there.  I can't find anywhere on Chris Kresser's site where he lists his 30 day reset do's and don'ts.  Can you provide a link?

My suspicion is that the one cup of coffee a day is for the same reason that Whole30 recommends that coffee be limited.  Maybe this link will help?

http://whole9life.com/2011/01/the-coffee-manifesto/

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, AlexGomez said:

I don't understand. When I signed up for an account on this forum it asked me in the security question whether coffee is whole 30? I answered "yes" and got denied to join the first time. Is coffee whole30 or not?

Oh that's strange - we don't require people to know the rules to the program to join the site so that sounds like maybe, altho you answered the security question correctly (yes, coffee is compatible to the whole30) that maybe something else was going on with your sign-up process.

The security questions are just to prove you're not a robot as we've had trouble with spammers here in the past, not to test your knowledge of the program before you join the forum. Sorry that happened.

On 6/11/2021 at 11:55 AM, SugarcubeOD said:

Oh that's strange - we don't require people to know the rules to the program to join the site so that sounds like maybe, altho you answered the security question correctly (yes, coffee is compatible to the whole30) that maybe something else was going on with your sign-up process.

The security questions are just to prove you're not a robot as we've had trouble with spammers here in the past, not to test your knowledge of the program before you join the forum. Sorry that happened.

That's alright! Thanks for your reply. I don't mind. I think it might have been the CAPTCHA. At least now I know for sure coffee is good :) 

Archived