Shadow's June 2021 Reset

Time for a reset.  I'm hoping to lose belly fat , mental fog and overall sluggishness.  I'm also hoping to overcome emotional eating and eating out of boredom.  I feel I've been poisoning myself with too much sugar. 

Sunday May 30, 2021

M1: fried egg with l/o green beans, potatoes & onion, steak, tomato, vitamins and Omega 3's

M2: salad with romaine, avocado, chicken, green grapes, cucumber, strawberries, walnuts, PK gg dressing

M3: small repeat of M2 with a few extra strawberries, 3 oz pineapple juice

NSV: a successful day food-wise and I didn't snack between meals.  At days' end I feel good physically, not hungry but I've been extremely bored all day and feeling pissy.  I had to keep reminding myself throughout the day that my desire for snacking was out of sheer boredom and disappointment with some stuff I've got going on at home.  The Provincial stay-at-home order remains in effect for at least two more weeks.  Despite the nice weather I didn't walk much.  I miss the gym.  But I ate well so... go me.

Goal for tomorrow: eat less fruit and more veg. Today I ate 5 different veg and 5 different fruit (I count tomato as fruit).

I'm already feeling better - less sluggish, less headache-y and less feeling of over-stuffed-ness in my belly.  On waking up, I felt groggy despite a full sleep, about seven or eight hours.  I read for an hour before getting out of bed.

Monday May 31, 2021

M1: 1/2 sweet potato, 2 slices of prosciutto, 2 eggs, handful of strawberries

M2: spinach salad with avocado, steak, 3 strawberries, balsamic dressing, water with a dash of pineapple juice for flavour

M3: chicken thighs topped with mango salsa, white potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots

Exercise: 2km walk before breakfast and 2.5km walk after dinner

NSV: I upped my veg as planned, ate 5 vegetable servings and 2 fruit servings.  The mango and pineapple juice weren't enough to count as a serving.

Goal for tomorrow: continue to keep myself busy especially during transition times when I tend to search for junky food out of boredom.

I'm feeling even better today.  The sluggishness is gone.  My energy is still not great, but without the heaviness I expect my energy can only increase now.  My sleep wasn't bad but not good either. I woke at 5am and again at 6:30am and after reading and falling back asleep both times, I woke up at 7:45 but then stayed in bed reading until 9.

Day 3 Tuesday June 1, 2021

M1: sweet potato-white potato-carrot root mash fried with ghee, 2 eggs, 1 slice prosciutto, 3 oz pineapple juice

M2: soup with onion, celery, carrot, l/o chicken from last night, diced tomatoes

Snack: pecans and dates

Snack: banana

M3: mashed potatoes with ghee, oven roasted cauliflower-sweet potato-carrot, gehakt ballen 

I know that soup is not enough for me for a meal.  I was hungry at mid afternoon, and the nuts and fruit was satisfying.  The banana was unnecessary.  I'm going to make sure I have ready to go snacks in the fridge going forward... veggies and devilled eggs.  

Goal for tomorrow: wash and cut celery, place in water for snacking.  Make mayo for devilled eggs.

I woke up with a small headache this morning, thinking it's a bit of carb flu.  I had a fairly good sleep, woke at 5 for a bit, then woke again around 6:30.  I got up at 7:30 to walk before breakfast.

Day 4 Wednesday June 2, 2021

M1: salad - romaine, spinach, iceberg lettuce, cucumber, celery, tomato, grapes, blueberries, chicken, walnuts, PK gg dressing, vitamins, Omega 3's

M2: l/o soup from yesterday (chicken & veg), celery, 2 boiled eggs, banana

M3: shepherd's pie with ground beef, carrots, celery, onions, garlic, crushed tomatoes, sweet potatoes, white potatoes, ghee

Exercise: 2 km before breakfast, 5km after dinner

NSV: I've been able to stave off snacking by reminding myself that I'm just bored and thus feeling encouraged to look for more stimulation.  I'm getting more stuff done.

I had some insomnia last night, for approximately an hour some time long before dawn.  I woke at 7:30, got up at 7:50 to walk.

Day 5 Thursday June 3, 2021

M1: sweet potato with 1 slice prosciutto and 1 egg all pan fried in ghee, banana, 3 oz pineapple juice, vitamins, Omega 3's

M2: BigAss green salad with chicken, avocado, grapes and walnuts

Snack: Larabar

M3: oven roasted potatoes, onion, carrots, celery, red pepper and cauliflower with bbq steak

I was dragging my feet this morning with very low muscle energy.  I recognize this feeling - my body is switching from using short chain carbs to using fat for fuel. 

NSV: I feel like my head is clearer without brain fog and I think I've lost a bit of weight. I feel less full/bloated.

Exercise: 2 km walk before breakfast, 2 km walk after lunch

NSV: I ate a huge variety of vegetables today.  I love my veggies.

Goal for tomorrow: stick with three meals and zero snacking.  I grabbed the Larabar because I wanted something to eat when I sat for a break mid afternoon with a cup of hot water.  I wasn't even hungry.  I felt groggy after sitting for a few minutes and nodded off briefly.  My body continues to adjust.  

Archived