Whole30 Just Ended

G Tanzer

I just finished Whole30 and had success with both scale and non scale victories!  Lost 9 pounds, and inch everywhere plus 3” in my waist.  The biggest benefit was not being controlled by cravings and truly being satiated from my meals!  I used to have to eat something every 2 hours or I couldn’t function.  I’d work out 4-6 times a week for 1.5 hours with cardio and weightlifting and couldn’t lose inches or pounds unless I starved myself.  So happy with how I feel, I decided only to add back in one item.  Whole milk with my coffee.  In doing so I dropped the avacado topper on my egg scramble this morning.  Egg scramble includes lots of veggies, compliant bacon and sweet potatoes.  I’m hungry and my stomach is growling 2 hours after eating.  Was it a mistake to think the milk fat would replace the avacado fat?

• Moderators

I'm not sure how much avocado you were eating, or how much milk you used, but one possibility is that you didn't actually add back in the amount of fat the avocado provided. For reference, a cup of whole milk has about 8 grams of fat. A cup of diced avocado has about 22 grams of fat.

There is also the fact that liquid food is just not as satisfying as solid food, so even if you made sure you used enough milk (or half and half, or cream) to make up for the calories and fat in the avocado, drinking that portion of your meal versus eating it may just not have kept you satisfied for as long. 

Archived