Red vs. White Wines (and sparkling etc...)

NikkiWil

Hi All,

I am on day 28 of my first W30 and have been thrilled with the program. While I don't know if I've lost any weight, my NSV's are great and I'm now planning my reintroduction phase. My sister is coming onto town on the first day of my reintroduction. I'm not too concerned about food, I have great meals planned for us and will be ok eating out. I plan to start this next phase with wine. I understand the pitfalls and how alcohol can lead to poor food decisions, but I feel confident in my ability to manage all of this, and I will not be reintroducing anything else until after her visit.

My question is, are all wines considered equal in reintroduction? I know sugar content varies by bottle, but is there a reason I should stick to reds? Or whites? Or stay away from sparkling wines and rose? I love reds, but we are in a bit of a heat wave, so a nice cool white might sound better. I realize I might be overthinking this, but I thought I'd ask. Any direction or thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks so much!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 6/14/2021 at 11:28 AM, NikkiWil said:

My question is, are all wines considered equal in reintroduction? I know sugar content varies by bottle, but is there a reason I should stick to reds? Or whites? Or stay away from sparkling wines and rose? I love reds, but we are in a bit of a heat wave, so a nice cool white might sound better. I realize I might be overthinking this, but I thought I'd ask. Any direction or thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks so much!

Nope, we don't have recommendations for what type of alcohol you should drink - we do suggest that alcohol with gluten is reintro'd as a separate day from anything else. 

You should reintroduce the alcohol you can see yourself drinking and the ones that you want to know how they affect you. As for recommending red over white over rose over sparkling, there isn't a 'better' one so it's all up to personal experiment.

Here's an old article that might help? 

http://whole9life.com/2012/09/the-alcohol-manifesto/

Archived