Terrified

Molly79

Hi all - I've leaned on food since last August. I have little self control 45 pounds later and in my worst health of 42 years. I'm afraid of the mental duress. The food reliance is strong. Could y'all please help me to set a date? Thank you in advance, Molly

I can’t help with a date but I will say this: you’re thinking of this (understandably) as a frightening thing because you are imagining it from you, now. But you will very quickly see that this is not some hideous punishment, but the single greatest act of self care you can show yourself. Your body will very quickly reward you for this. It’s so very, very worth it. That feeling will go a long way to replacing the crutch you currently get from those foods. 
Good luck. 

On 7/11/2021 at 4:34 PM, Molly79 said:

Hi all - I've leaned on food since last August. I have little self control 45 pounds later and in my worst health of 42 years. I'm afraid of the mental duress. The food reliance is strong. Could y'all please help me to set a date? Thank you in advance, Molly

No one can tell you when to start but yourself.  There will be a large group starting on Sept. 1.  The more the merrier.  Until then you can start with simple things like not eating the bag of marshmellows just because it is there.  Stop buying the things you know are bad for you when you go to the grocery store (chips, cookies etc.).  Start reading the ingredient labels on the stuff in your pantry and fridge, a magnifying glass will help tremendously.  Start drinking more water.  Lots and lots of water.  A September start will give you enough time to find some of the swaps you'll need from the grocery/health food stores.  

Come on girlfriend, tell me you are with me

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2021 at 11:02 PM, pearlgirl2017 said:

No one can tell you when to start but yourself.  There will be a large group starting on Sept. 1.  The more the merrier.  Until then you can start with simple things like not eating the bag of marshmellows just because it is there.  Stop buying the things you know are bad for you when you go to the grocery store (chips, cookies etc.).  Start reading the ingredient labels on the stuff in your pantry and fridge, a magnifying glass will help tremendously.  Start drinking more water.  Lots and lots of water.  A September start will give you enough time to find some of the swaps you'll need from the grocery/health food stores.  

Come on girlfriend, tell me you are with me

This. You should take things slowly until the big day.

Archived