msmirnio

I am 5'1 (on a good day) and I can hold up to 4 eggs in my hand, and my husband who is 5'6 can hold up to 5 in his hand. maybe try again? If you don't want to eat eggs everyday for breakfast, that is understandable, but do have more protein than the 1 egg in your coffee. It is important to follow the template guidelines to get the full benefit of doing the Whole30. If you choose not to follow the guidelines, then you are not doing a Whole30, you are doing something else. 

Two days ago I switched to ghee in my morning coffee instead of coconut cream (not for any high moral reasons--I just didn't have a new can of Savoy coconut cream in the pantry).  I pull a single shot of espresso, pour it over a teaspoon of ghee, then whirrrr it up with the stick blender. It's surprisingly delicious. I don't use it as a meal replacement--I suppose technically it's a small part of the fat in my morning meal template. Whatever it is, it's delicious.

Shannon, thanks for the reminder about what constitutes a serving of eggs. I'm using the W30 printout to guide the overall meal portions but it can be inexact sometimes. 

I'm not sure I could get three eggs into my hand, but I am a bit on the small side.. XD

Have you seen this thread I posted? http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/20964-what-a-serving-of-eggs-looks-like/I'm 5'4" and have small hands and I'm holding 4 large eggs. Plus if I'm understanding your post correctly you are losing the white and just using the yolk so you are getting almost no protein in this. We don't recommend bulletproof coffee as a meal replacement...for best results you want to follow the meal planning template 3 meals a day 4-5 hours apart. It is ultimately up to you...but we are trying to help you get the best results from your Whole30.

• 2 years later...

Thank you for the answer. I personally incorporated BPC coffee using butter and coconut oil in my morning routine because it helps me feel fuller and also, I noticed I don't have that 3 pm energy  diminution at work. Starting Whole30 tomorrow so gotta go and buy some good ghee instead of butter.

• 4 months later...

I just made my first cup this morning and it was a game changer! I added 1 tsp ghee and 1 tsp coconut oil with a cup of coffee in the vitamix. SO GOOD!

I workout at 6am and I have no problems with coffee before a workout. I'm curious would a cup of this and 1 egg be a good option for a PWO meal and then my normal breakfast after? -Day 9 strong! 

On 1/12/2013 at 5:43 AM, penotti said:

What are the amounts you use? How much oil for example?

I  use 1/2 TBS of ghee and 1/2 tbs of coconut oil. I also add 2 scoops of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides and blend it all together with my immersion blender. 

• 10 months later...

hey! i'm on day 13...? when did that happen! and since i discovered Bulletproof coffees (my coffee shop makes them for me w just coconut oil) i've been having one pretty much everyday in ADDITION to my breakfast, which is usually eggs (and some veg if i can swing it) either fried with fat, or accompanied by 1/2 a small avocado. which means i'm getting another serving of fat, in theory, every day. i'm wondering if this is too much? i feel fine (pretty good, actually!) and my skin's not freaking out, and i'm feeling fuller WAY longer into the afternoon...just wondering if that added kick of coconut fat every single day is maybe overdoing it?

thanks!

• Administrators
On 11/24/2018 at 5:28 AM, Ksandler said:

hey! i'm on day 13...? when did that happen! and since i discovered Bulletproof coffees (my coffee shop makes them for me w just coconut oil) i've been having one pretty much everyday in ADDITION to my breakfast, which is usually eggs (and some veg if i can swing it) either fried with fat, or accompanied by 1/2 a small avocado. which means i'm getting another serving of fat, in theory, every day. i'm wondering if this is too much? i feel fine (pretty good, actually!) and my skin's not freaking out, and i'm feeling fuller WAY longer into the afternoon...just wondering if that added kick of coconut fat every single day is maybe overdoing it?

thanks!

It's not overdoing it necessarily, if you're feeling well and are ready to eat around 4-5 hours after breakfast. The lack of veggies would concern me more than the extra tbsp of coconut oil you're having every morning.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't drink bulletproof coffee regularly, but was curious about the thread.  Is there a reason that the MCT branded oil would be off limits on Whole 30?  I believe it's supposed to be a variant on coconut oil but higher... something... I can't remember the marketing!  :)  But I do have it in my house.  

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, Kristin155 said:

I don't drink bulletproof coffee regularly, but was curious about the thread.  Is there a reason that the MCT branded oil would be off limits on Whole 30?  I believe it's supposed to be a variant on coconut oil but higher... something... I can't remember the marketing!  :)  But I do have it in my house.  

Where do you see in this thread that the MCT branded oil is off limits? I just read through and can't see that?

Archived