I just started my period 8 days early!

MamaDrew

• 5 weeks later...

I came off my pill BC as I started my W30. This is my first period since coming off and it's not quite amazing but kind of amazing. Before being on BC I had horrible cramps that would take me out of school for a day and super heavy flow. I could go through super tampons in an hour and regularly bled through my pants. Super embarrassing. This one I haven't had cramps and it's been awesome!

The other thing that helped with my pain was switching from tampons to a menstrual cup. I personally use the Diva Cup and adore it. I can go 8 to 12 hours without needing to hit a bathroom. I have two so I can immediately put in the new one before cleaning the other one. Keep an open mind and you might be able to forget you're having your period for 12 hours too!

My first experiment with switching over to paleo in May, I made it a whole 2 weeks eating mostly "whole" food and including dairy. I had probably the best period of my life during that time. It was light and no cramping. I'm 18 days into a real whole 30, my first, and my period is a week early and more or less the same. It's not awful but I had to take some IB800 a couple of times and bust out the heating pad. I seriously had no idea why my back and side was hurting so bad! I thought I was getting a UTI, which I'd never had before because of the pain. It was more a burning than cramping and just a bit unusual, in addition to being early I'm hoping that it's a sign my hormones are doing something in there. I know I need more sleep and can do better with my meals but hopefully this is helping my poor hormones somewhat regulate.

I am into my second Whole30 (only took one day in between) and my periods are all over the place. I have been fairly regular all my life (26 day cycle). But since January 1st I have had 4 periods. This current one is 8 days today, and still going. Previously my periods were around 3 days, 4 at the most. I am frustrated that it seems to be non-stop. And it's not spotting, it's a full-on period. I have the Mirena, and things had gotten a bit off schedule when I got that, so at first I thought it was from that. But then I found this forum and see that I am not the only one. I guess my question here is, does it get better??? Or am I going to have a constant period? I like to think that as my body heals and adjust things will settle down. I am just afraid that I am going to be bleeding forever at this point :/

I got my period a week early this time, I am using Nuvaring so I'm a little concerned because I am always on time off by no more than a day or so and it's very heavy. Does this diet have any affect on BC?

I'm on the Nuvaring too, get my period within the same 1-2 day range every month, and I just started my period a week early!! Did you find anything out amylynn? I'm planning on calling my Dr. if I can't find answers...

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

My story is the same as many of the others: early spotting (~12 days early) on day 21 of my whole30. I have been on hormonal pill BC for years and have never experienced spotting.

If I am spotting, does this mean that my BC is ineffective right now? Should I abstain from unprotected sex?

I've been on the pill for years as well and every time I've cut out grains & dairy my period has come early (within the first few days of starting).  I spoke to the nurse at my surgery about it and she said it wasn't anything to be concerned about.  She also didn't think it had anything to do with diet...  

• 5 months later...

Hi, all

So I started my whole30 on jan 5.  I am on, and have been on BC, since dawn of time (ok, since I was a  teenager and I am now 31) and for the past 2 to 3 years on minastrin 24 FE.  anyway, period is like clockwork, but I woke up saturday morning with bleeding, which puts it about 10 days early.  I am happy to see that I am not the only one.  I don't know if  the whole30 has anything to do with these fluctuations but reading your posts make me feel much better.  I did call doc but she wasn't there.  waiting to hear back.  I know we are supposed to hide our scales but in the past week, I am down about 6 pounds, so I don't know if this drastic change really does cause fluctuations with hormones.  

anyway, just wanted to share.  I have been a bit nervous about it the past  couple days.  And now, I don't really know if I should expect it when it normally comes (inactive pills)

ugh, woman issues.

• 7 months later...

Hi everyone!

I'm so glad to have found this post! I too am on BC, the kind that lasts 3 months at a time to help control my endometriosis. I have 3 weeks of active pills left (synthetic progesterone) and I have what I would describe as 'heavy spotting' out of the blue that just started today. I'm seeing a trend of a lot of people being early, but 3 weeks seems like a lot? Could it be the same kind of trend or does any one have any other ideas? I should add, I had no bloating, no warning signs at all, I just felt like I had to pee and 'whoops, there it is!'Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated :)

• Administrators

Hi everyone!

I'm so glad to have found this post! I too am on BC, the kind that lasts 3 months at a time to help control my endometriosis. I have 3 weeks of active pills left (synthetic progesterone) and I have what I would describe as 'heavy spotting' out of the blue that just started today. I'm seeing a trend of a lot of people being early, but 3 weeks seems like a lot? Could it be the same kind of trend or does any one have any other ideas? I should add, I had no bloating, no warning signs at all, I just felt like I had to pee and 'whoops, there it is!'Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated :)

If you're worried, kheggie, always go and see your doctor, no one here is medically trained.  That said, it is extremely common for women to come and tell us about breakthrough bleeding and yes, I've heard about it as soon as a few days after the person's last period.  The hormones are in such a flux and trying to settle that it's not all that surprising that there are fluctuations strong enough to mess up your menstrual cycle a bit.  

Archived