How much meat is okay?

lilangel4824

So I am getting ready to start this program in just 48 hours, and I am still preparing my grocery list for my first week of food. I am understanding that meat is a good thing. How much is too much? I love steak, chicken, and pork steaks and can eat them every single night. Is this okay? If it's okay, what should I be making with them? What are the best veggies to pair? Basically I just need a little help in deciding how much of what I am supposed to be eating!

Thanks in advance!

yep, meat is good. we like meat. if you check the meal planning template, you're going to want a 1-2 palm serving of protein at every meal. Our biggest concern is just vary the source of your protein....so don't ALWAYS eat beef, etc. Mix it up.

Any veggies are good veggies! I like brussels sprouts and cabbage are my favorites, but it's up to you!

Prior to making my weekly grocery list, I always write down what food combinations I am going to eat for the week in terms of variety. Will I have peppers with my beef on Monday? Mushrooms with my beef on Tuesday? Cheese with my eggs? Tomatoes with my stewed pork? I always try to have variety each day in order not to get bored and dissatisfied with any particular food group. Let's face it.. Meat is not the most exciting thing to eat day after day, week after week, even for a carnivore like myself. The same goes with other animal protein sources... fish, fowl, etc. Before you make that grocery list, sit down with a pen and paper and start writing out some meal plans, being sure you have variety on a daily basis. Not just the types of protein, but what little things you will add to them to jazz them up. Then off to the grocery store you go!

Indeed it is, but at the end of the day, it's about what works for you. A little shredded cheese on my morning scrambeled eggs works for me.

(But in a thread where someone is asking for advice for their Whole30, it's pretty counterproductive to mention non-compliant foods.)

Forgive me but....if you are putting cheese on your eggs .....you are not whole30....cheese is dairy, dairy is a no no. That would be like saying I am eating two slices of whole wheat bread because it works for me and claiming I am Whole30. You are robbing yourself of the potential payoff of following this.

Prior to making my weekly grocery list, I always write down what food combinations I am going to eat for the week in terms of variety. Will I have peppers with my beef on Monday? Mushrooms with my beef on Tuesday? Cheese with my eggs? Tomatoes with my stewed pork? I always try to have variety each day in order not to get bored and dissatisfied with any particular food group. Let's face it.. Meat is not the most exciting thing to eat day after day, week after week, even for a carnivore like myself. The same goes with other animal protein sources... fish, fowl, etc. Before you make that grocery list, sit down with a pen and paper and start writing out some meal plans, being sure you have variety on a daily basis. Not just the types of protein, but what little things you will add to them to jazz them up. Then off to the grocery store you go!

I like the sounds of this method. Minus the cheese of course. :) Your choice but you really aren't giving yourself a chance to experience Whole 30 as written. I think it would be better not to post about such a big off plan food item. We get new people starting every day and I would hate to see someone who hadn't read the book yet think cheese is okay. Just my stickler opinion on it.

Robbster's actually mentioned in another post that he's done strict Paleo previously. He's added some stuff back in that works for him and his context, but only because he knows how that stuff affects him. But you're right, he should leave the non-compliant stuff out of his advice.

Carry on, folks!

Archived