Do I need more veggies in this breakfast?

SarrizleP

This morning I was super sick of eggs so I made a little concoction of ground turkey, onion, acorn squash, spices and tomato paste. It was tasty but I'm wondering now, should I have had more veggies? Some green veggies? Or do you think the onion and acorn squash is enough for the meal? I'm asking cause I'll probably make this again when I don't want eggs!

I eat a lot of other veggies throughout the day so.....

I doubt you added enough squash to fit the meal template. I do a similar breakfast with lamb and I always toss in two big handfuls of spinach and about a cup of mushrooms. Onions are usually more of a condiment amount unless you are mushroom crazy. :)

The template is 1 - 2 palm sizes of protein 1- 2 thumbs of fat and fill the plate with veggies. Was the plate filled with onions and acorn squash or do you think you could have squeezed in more? :)

Personally I like greens with practically every meal, but that's just me. I think it's important to have a wide variety of veg for different nutrients but personally I don't believe they all have to be eaten at the same time, in fact you'd need one heck of a large plate to do that :). As you say, you eat a lot of veggies throughout the day. How did you feel after breakfast, were you full up 'til lunch or still hungry? It's really trial and error to see what suits you within the guidlines.

I doubt you added enough squash to fit the meal template. I do a similar breakfast with lamb and I always toss in two big handfuls of spinach and about a cup of mushrooms. Onions are usually more of a condiment amount unless you are mushroom crazy.

Oops, I meant to say "unless you are onion crazy". :)

I thought about adding a bunch of spinach so that is definitely what I'll do next time. I also didn't use any fat with it this morning, eek. Although, I have decided to drink some coffee still and had some coconut milk in that so... that would count as my morning fat, right?

Archived