Day 10 - Still no energy

megs719

Try to remember this is not a “diet†eat as much as you need to maintain strength, energy, activity levels and a healthy body weight. Aim for well-balanced nutrition, so eat animals and a significant amount of plants. Do not count calories or try to measure how much your eating your body knows how much you should be eating way better than any calculator or any scale. Shoot for three SOLID meals a day. If you need something in between so you don't fall over and croak then eat something. Are you getting enough protein? I also find that sweet potatoes are a great way to give you a bunch of lasting energy.

Not sure where to post this question but I am currently on Day 10 of my 3rd Whole30 and I am struggling to get to the gym. The first week was pretty good as far as working out but I started to struggle around day 6. Any tips?

Hi Newbie! Welcome! I am in Day 10 too and am training for my next marathon with this new lifestyle. Are your workouts intense? If they are, maybe you need to add the recommendation food dosages for pre-workout and post-workout in addition to your 3 meals. Also, are you eating to full satiation? What if during your days of working out you up your consumtion of sweet potato, yam, butternut squash or pumpkin? Are you eating enough healthy fats in combo with enough protein? Can you share a food log with us?

I agree with the second poster that you shouldn't count calories, but you should definitely be mindful of approximately how many calories you are getting to avoid symptoms of overtraining. Overtraining is really about not eating enough. And if you are going to the gym and not eating an adequate amount of calories, you can feel completely zapped of strength and energy at the gym, or even at home laying on the couch. Also, lack of sodium can also make you feel lethargic. I know from personal experience when my sodium levels get too low, I feel lethargic and occasionally light-headed. I drink a couple cups of boulion each day to remedy that, and all is good now. Check your calories, check your sodium. If that checks out good, have a closer look into your carbs. Starchy carbs like sweet potatoes should be providing you with a nice consistant energy source throughout the day. Check your macronutrients as well.

Archived