Fall 2021 in Germany Round 2

Semi

I tried the Whole30 last year and failed at day 15.

This time I'm a bit better prepared and better informed.

I already have a meat stash in my freezer, tons of potatoes (around 33 lbs, but they cost only 6€/7US $), eggs and other veg and fruits.

I realized that I have to use a bit of a different strategy here in germany, simply because I don't have some shortcuts (like compliant sausages, sauces, nutpods etc), so I will adapt the rules a bit instead of sweating the small stuff.

I will try to follow every rule as best as I can, but I won't restart if I can't find a compliant sausage, instead I will use the one which follows the rules the closest.
Otherwise I wouldn't even start, because I don't have time to cook this often and meal prep doesn't work for more then 2 days for us.

I also have some other restrictions: I have to follow a low FODMAP Diet for my histamine intolerance, so no tomatoes and other fun stuff for me, I'm also allergic to fish. So: Meat and eggs for me.

Day 1:

1. sweet potatoe "toast" with 1/4 avocado
  2. Ants on a log (with almond butter)
  3. Potatoes, Broccoli, celery, bellpepper, sausage in a pan (with coconut oil)
  4. chicken breast, potatoes, veggies (with coconut oil)
  5. Oven baked potatoes

Today I'm on day 2.

1. 2 eggs, 3 egg whites, 1 banana
  2. ants on a log, cucumber

I will update it later, today.

How I feel:

Day 1: Normal. It's not that different from my normal diet. Main difference is: I don't eat my evening joghurt/quark with whey protein (I do bodybuilding) and I eat no toast, instead of my 2 slices/day. Instead of butter I use oil. So...not that different.
I think I will have to eat more meat to eat enough protein for my muscle building, but that's it.

Post Workout Meal: Sausage, Chicken Breast, Mashed Potatoes, mashed Cauliflower, Carrots- Meat was made with coconut oil.

Realized, that my workout routine will be a bit different: No pre workout booster and not intra workout BCAAs :( Instead Water with salt....

M3: Oven roasted potatoes, meatballs

M4: eggs, brussel sprouts, potatoes, broccoli

Snack 2: Banana with almond butter.

How I feel: irritated. I want Junk Food, but not really. I drink tons of salted water because of my bodybuilding workout. A bit emotional.

Tomorrow I will have to meal prep again: Cook up some meat, cook even more potatoes. Usual stuff.

Found some allowed sausage. Had to pay tripple the price and go to a store somewhat out of my way.

Yesterday I learned there is a thing as too much potatoes and meat. I should eat a bit less today.

What I plan to eat today:

1. Eggs, Bananas, Raisins, some cucumber, some meatballs
  2. Chia Seeds
  3. panfried veggies, some meat (with coconut oil)
  4. Banana, almond butter
  5. Meat, Veggies, Sweet potatoes
  6. maybe: Ants on a log

How I feel: Hungover, like I'm ready to kill. Headachy. A bit constipated (hence the chia seeds).

It's about 3.30 pm.
It would not be exaggerated to say that I feel like really killing every one. My stomach hurts a bit (I started probiotica last week because of my IBS and they do start working). I'm tired, unmotivated and exhausted. Decided to only eat stuff out from the oven.
I also found some compatible Köttbullar in my freezer and decided to buy them again, because they're a great substitute for my toast. I just snack on them when I'm hungry.

I think I'm gonna skip on my banana snack today.

20 minutes ago, Rebecca001 said:

@Semii use A bcaa capsule which is compliant, would that be suitable? I don’t do body building so may not be enough for your needs however. 

Hello Rebecca!
I don't know to be honest. I use the BCAA pulver dissolved in water while I work out. So it does taste like something and I also get the BCAAs. I think I don't need these tbh because I consume so much protein, it really was more for flavour. I miss my pre workout pump a bit more, because I noticed that I don't get my normal pump. But I will survive it. Only 27 day (about 7 workouts) to go. :)

I have been doing this over a year and I would have thought I had ample protein but someone suggested bcaa to me as part of my running training and I couldn’t believe the difference. So it must do something even though it’s such a tiny amount? I think it just fuels  the muscle very efficiently? 

Would guess it's more about the placebo tbh.

BCAAs are just 3 Aminoacids. But I know that EAAs (all 9 of the acids) are good for recovery after a strength workout.
But quite honestly: As long as it works, it works :)

Good Morning!

It's 8.30 a.m and I just prepared

M1: Eggs, Eggwhites, Courgettes, Champignons and Bacon.

I don't feel good at all. I think I caught the flu. Not the keto kind because I do eat carbs everyday but the mundane one.

My eczemas acting up a bit and I don't know why tbh because I eat really clean. Probably stress?

I decided to buy more köttbullar (because great snack and easily prepared).
Meals I plan on today:

M2: Ground Beef, veggies and potatoes

M3: Eggs, Cucumber, Banana

Snacks (of necessary): Ants on a log, Bananas

So, it 2 p.m.

Just had M2: Pumpkin and Sweet Potatoe Soup (w Coconut Milk) and 1 Hamburger Patty.

Couldn't find the Köttbullar, so I picked some compliant Cevapcici to eat as a snack

Getting first symptoms if my Dyhidrosis on my hand and I don't know why because I really avoid all triggers...maybe because of my cold? Coould be that I have to go to the dermatist this week to check that out.
Otherwise I don't crave any of my kids pasta or bread. That's good?

Good Morning is Day 5.

How I feel: Sleep wasn't restful, my elder kid woke up at around 4 am, didn't go back to sleep and has a real long day ahead of her.

I'm already tired tbh and it's only 7.15 am.

M1: Leftover soup with some meat from lunch yesterday.

What I plan for my other meals:

M2: Hamburger Patty, some veggies and boiled potatoes.

M3: Scrambled eggs.

Snacks: Banana and almond butter, Chia-Seeds (for constipation)

Today will be my first real test of willpower: While my elder kid is going to her Music Class some mothers and me normally go out drinking coffee and eating sweets. So instead of my normal Cappuccino with oatly milk, I will drink an espresso and a normal coffee. No snacks.

I hope that I can take a nap this morning, because otherwise it will be real hard.

5 PM.
I'm so tired.
Kids were little helllions and I really wanted something sweet.
While the elder one was in her Music Lesson I went to a Cafe and ordered a double Espresso. :D
Came home and ate the rest of a burger patty.
 Now I will shower and then cook my eggs and go to bed, because I feel like killing something.

Sidenote: I struggled more on my last W30 tbh. Probably because I actually eat somewhat clean now on a normal day?

Day 6, 7.30 am

Planned to eat some leftover soup for breakfast, sadly my husband finished it.
So back to basics for

M1: Eggs, Banana, raisins and almondbutter ( no, it's not even remotely a pancake. It's scrambled eggs, a banana and raisins.

M2: Pumpkin Potato Soup with some Meat

M3: Sweet potato, veg, some meat

How I feel: Tired, still a bit sick. Will sleep today and relax.

Nearly one week done. Yay.

Day 4, 4.30 p.m

I think I know why this round is somewhat easier: Soups!
I just throw a bunch of veggies into my Instant Pot let it cook for 90 Minutes and then puree it with some coconut milk/tomato passata etc.
Since my kids find veggies "yuck, so gross!" I can eat from 1 pot for 2-3 days and then just start again.

I think when I get my airfryer it will get even easier, because I will have to spend even less time in the kitchen (just cut my veg roughly and toss it in et voila some crisp veg!).

Although I still have 3 weeks to go and who knows how I will feel about veggie soup next week?

How I feel: Still ill, seldolmy hungry, quite relaxed tbh.

Day 7, 8.30 am

Planned meals:

Fried eggs, some bacon, some veg

Veggie Soup with sausage

Zucchini Noodles wit chicken breast

Snacks: Banana, Chia Seeds

How I feel: Good. Not really hungry. Most days I'm satiated the whole time. Don't have an specific cravings either. Mood's okay.

Day 7, 7 pm: Still on track

Well, it was a near miss tbh. Went through the mall and there it was: Big Ad for the PSL. I normally drink at least 1 PSL/ season.
Instead of buying myself that or buying other junk food that I normally wouldn't eat I went to the drug store and bought myself a 10€ lipstick. My normal lipsticks cost around 2 € so...

Still have to eat my last meal. I'm a bit pms'ing (I'm bloated like hell).

Catching up with your posts - it sounds like you have worked through some of the harder bits.  

PSL-I'm not sure if it's in keeping with W30 as far as not substituting a trigger food for one made with compliant ingredients, but this is what I sometimes make:

Regular, black coffee frothed with coconut milk, cinnamon, and nutmeg.  I tried adding canned pumpkin and blending that a few years ago, but wasn't happy with the outcome.  This is pretty good, though.   

Archived