Is anyone interested in a Nov 1 start date?

peacefullyfierce

Hey all,

I have been struggling with some GI wellness issues lately, and am interested in seeing how changing my nutrition can make me feel more balanced.  I have done two Whole30s before, it's been about two years since the last one, and to be honest I didn't see much of a difference, and no one else did either, but I also didn't really have any problems I was trying to solve.  Now, whether it's aging or hormones, or stress or environment,  (I'm an ICU nurse) or I don't even know what.....I feel like I want something to change, I don't like the way I feel.  I am also wanting to see if eliminating FODMAPs as well as doing the W30 can help me to feel better.  I have never thought of myself as having food allergies, but now I'm wondering more and more.  I'm even ready to stop drinking my nightly glass of wine and quit coffee if that's what it will take!  I am thinking about a Nov 1st start date so that I can research cookbooks and get my pantry stocked and ready.  I have asked my doctor to advise me as well but she hasn't gotten back to me at the time of this post.  Nov 1st is about two weeks from now, and I have that and the following day off, which seems aligned well.  It would be really lovely to have a team of supports to rally each other on and compare feelings and NSV and meal plans.  If no one responds to this I will probably just do my own daily check in on the journal part of the forum, but I'm hoping there are some lurkers around these parts who may need a push and my support to help them too!  :) 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, I’m in! I’ve had a disastrous September and October. I really wanted to do a 3 month reset from September to December and instead. I’ve been unwell, injured from sports and just generally feeling rubbish, and have not managed my w30 goal. So although I am continually starting every day with the full intention of doing w30, it’s not always happening for a full day, or week. But considering how awful September was, the very fact that I am really focussing on compliant foods is a positive. I quite like the idea of a strict November before the madness of December starts! 

you know, I went to bed last night thinking, you ding dong, it's the holiday season!  NO ONE is going to willingly sign up to abstain from stuffing and pumpkin pie with you!  lol  I usually have to work Thanksgiving anyway so I didn't even think about it!  Rebecca, you sound like a positive and forward minded person, and we should totally do this!!!  My MD sent over a lab order for insensitivity blood testing today, so I will be interested in what that shows for me.  And I have been going through my cookbooks to be inspired about food again and not have such a fear of "what do I eat and how will it make me feel today?"  It's so nice to have a partner in this!!!

Hi I'm also planning on starting November 1st. I just heard about Whole30 a week ago, I bought the 30 day guide to health food and freedom and I'm currently dong research to find out as much as I can before starting. I'm hoping my chronic brain fog will improve along with digestive issues (IBS) I've struggled with most of my life and of course body composition changes will be a plus. I'm excited and nervous because there is so much information that it can be a bit overwhelming. 

Yay!  So glad to hear from you both!  I am excited but also afraid, mostly that I will forget how important it is to me once I get going - like once I feel better I hope I don't just think what the heck and eat a piece of pizza or some other unwise thing.  It's easy to eat healthy when you are feeling poorly, you know?  Also I work 12 hr shifts and don't always have scheduled breaks.  That has proven to be challenging as far as food prep (making it a priority when I am already tired) and not just going to the hospital cafeteria and getting chicken strips.  Also I have a hard time drinking enough water during my shifts, sometimes I may only get two glass in over a 24hr period because I dont want to have to be peeing all the time, and I know that's imperative for all sorts of health, from brain to skin to immune to guts, and I need to just drink it and know how much better I'll feel.  Think of it like Master Yoda - "do or do not, there is no try"   So true!  Tonight I made the BEST roasted chicken drumsticks from Nom Nom Paleo, felt good to prepare and create something for my son and I that was good for my body and also fun and easy and delicious.  I'm happy to be hearing from others on their paths to feeling better!  

Happy to find you all! Nov 1st: count me in! 
Like @Rebecca001id planned to start in mid sept but events overtook me and just now getting over flu - had decluttered the chocolate cupboard ( you can guess how I did that!) shopped and cooked and then just wanted hot apple juice for 10 days, then too weary to care what I ate. So Nov 1st will be perfect as a big wedding and birthday w/e next weekend and sometimes you just have to fit in. 
I clarified butter this eve,( my “post a flag” thing)  and will make Mayo and a big batch of bolognese tomorrow so I can be compliant at home this week, and start to build some good habits. (Like no latte. Sob!!) It’s only 30 days and I KNOW I’ll feel so much better for it so delighted to find some likeminded people to share the journey. 
Think this will be my 6th time through! I try and do twice a year to help joint stiffness, digestive issues& general meh  and I never fail to be amazed at the no scale victory results. 
This forum (and the moderators) are brilliantly encouraging. So let’s do this- the whole “whole 30” together and feel fabulous by December! 

britgirl so glad to have you respond and get energized about this!  I am actually sick in bed with a fever right now, ugh, got my flu shot and took a negative Covid test but man, I have been on the couch for a few days with this.  I need to go grocery shopping when I'm feeling better.  I am also a little apprehensive because I'm starting a new training program on the 7th, same shift just working with a preceptor and learning new things - so I will be more stressed than usual, I wonder?  My big challenges are:  drinking enough water, planning and prepping meals for workdays, and not having my nightly glass of wine.  I've been trying to think of a replacement fun drink?!?  Anyone have suggestions?  La Croix gives me headaches :(  Otherwise, hoping to still be this motivated mentally in a week!  

Hey all.  I'm looking at my calendar and think Nov 1 would be a great time to restart.  My September W30 was great but flipped out on Sep30.  So, I'll ha g out with you guys for as long as I can.  I have a sister who mocks me every time I do this.  But hey.  Siblings.  

On 10/24/2021 at 4:58 AM, peacefullyfierce said:

britgirl so glad to have you respond and get energized about this!  I am actually sick in bed with a fever right now, ugh, got my flu shot and took a negative Covid test but man, I have been on the couch for a few days with this.  I need to go grocery shopping when I'm feeling better.  I am also a little apprehensive because I'm starting a new training program on the 7th, same shift just working with a preceptor and learning new things - so I will be more stressed than usual, I wonder?  My big challenges are:  drinking enough water, planning and prepping meals for workdays, and not having my nightly glass of wine.  I've been trying to think of a replacement fun drink?!?  Anyone have suggestions?  La Croix gives me headaches :(  Otherwise, hoping to still be this motivated mentally in a week!  

Are you feeling better? Do hope so. 4 more sleeps and we’re off! 
ive just arrived at 60th birthday stay over  plus wedding w/e so not expecting a fabulous run up to the start and will be very ready for lots of veg by Nov 1st!

Drinks: I like to use a special glass and  have sparking water with a slice of lemon. And when it’s very cold a cocoa with cinnamon, nutmeg and almond milk or twinnings Buttermint tea ( habit forming. Minty and creamy like nutalls Mintos and completely compliant). I badly miss milky coffee, but it’s only 30 days! 

On 10/27/2021 at 4:52 PM, JulieinIN said:

Hey all.  I'm looking at my calendar and think Nov 1 would be a great time to restart.  My September W30 was great but flipped out on Sep30.  So, I'll ha g out with you guys for as long as I can.  I have a sister who mocks me every time I do this.  But hey.  Siblings.  

Let her mock away! You’ll be so glad you did this when you feel fabulous and have worked out your own personal best food plan just in time for Christmas. I’ve bombed out several times on day 32 and it’s such a waste of all the effort! So I have to gear myself for 40 days to get my head in the right place for reintroduction. I’m hoping not to fall headfirst into a plate of mince pies on Dec 1st so please remind me of that JulieinIN! 

@britgirl I like twinings peppermint and liquorice tea, it’s got a sweetness to it but not excessively so. (It’s nice to have a fellow Brit here, discussing things I can actually find in the shops!) 

I’m really looking forward to starting on Sunday/Monday. Today is my daughters 18th and her cake is a cheesecake, there will be wine and non compliant food. I’ve actually had a really good week, stripped my menu right back to basics and have felt so much better already, and if today wasn’t such a special occasion I wouldn’t be straying off plan. 

tomorrow I am running an endurance challenge over 12 hours and meal times might go awry, plus food Will need to be small, light meals. I intend to start Sunday but might delay til Monday depending on how tomorrow goes 

Yesterday I ran 25km over 13 runs in 12 hours, and my food was categorically not whole30 compliant! But that’s ok. Today I have woken up bright and breezy, our clocks went back last night and it always gives me a little ‘reset’, but my body truly aches. I return to work tomorrow after the half term break so today I will spend: meal prepping (mayo, some sort of egg/breakfast type thing, a tomato bake, and a cottage pie); work prepping, and just generally getting everything back in order. 
I can’t wait to start tomorrow! 

Starting today - this is my first W30 in a while and I am really looking forward to a reset, getting more vegetables in my life, and reducing anxiety and inflammation overall.    Kicked off with a great breakfast of shaved brussels sprouts sautéed with tandoori spice topped with two poached eggs and avocado.  Will prep cook a bunch of meals this afternoon.  On the menu are balsamic chicken bowls, marinated flank steak with mashed root veggies and nom nom paleo's amazing fajita chicken.  I will roast up a bunch of veggies for lunches along with compliant chicken sausage.....

On 10/29/2021 at 8:58 AM, Rebecca001 said:

@britgirl I like twinings peppermint and liquorice tea, it’s got a sweetness to it but not excessively so. (It’s nice to have a fellow Brit here, discussing things I can actually find in the shops!) 

I’m really looking forward to starting on Sunday/Monday. Today is my daughters 18th and her cake is a cheesecake, there will be wine and non compliant food. I’ve actually had a really good week, stripped my menu right back to basics and have felt so much better already, and if today wasn’t such a special occasion I wouldn’t be straying off plan. 

tomorrow I am running an endurance challenge over 12 hours and meal times might go awry, plus food Will need to be small, light meals. I intend to start Sunday but might delay til Monday depending on how tomorrow goes 

Happy 18th celebrations! Yep I’ve just had mates 60th W/e ( cake and Prosecco all the way) intertwined with next door neighbours 3 day wedding so currently feel ghastly so kept v simple today and am about to go to bed but day one tick. 
Good luck all! 

5 hours ago, hmg1993 said:

Starting today - this is my first W30 in a while and I am really looking forward to a reset, getting more vegetables in my life, and reducing anxiety and inflammation overall.    Kicked off with a great breakfast of shaved brussels sprouts sautéed with tandoori spice topped with two poached eggs and avocado.  Will prep cook a bunch of meals this afternoon.  On the menu are balsamic chicken bowls, marinated flank steak with mashed root veggies and nom nom paleo's amazing fajita chicken.  I will roast up a bunch of veggies for lunches along with compliant chicken sausage.....

Balsamic chicken bowls sound good! Can you post recipe please? 

Whole30 first timer here and so happy to see this post. I started today 11/1 also. Don't think I've ever bought so many veggies at one time! :-) Looking forward to feeling really good and getting rid of some allergies. I've been somewhat dairy and gluten free but have fallen off recently. Excited to change not only what I eat but my whole relationship with food, especially sugar and learning how to cook/put together good, healthy meals. 

How was everyone’s day 1? Mine was really good, I ate well, stuck to my plan, did yoga after work and a fitness class in the evening, and slept like a log! 
Todays plan: M1 = hard boiled eggs, sweet potato and tomato, 

m2= roasted veg, salad and mackerel 

m3= Chicken thighs cooked as a tray bake with lots of green veg. 
Aim for yoga after work and another fitness class tonight. 

I felt like I drank gallons of water yesterday and although I do have to force myself, I feel so much better when I do, so I’ve had a litre this morning and will try to drink a further litre at work, rather than coffee! 

Have a great day! 

Well done @Reb001. How do you fit so much exercise in?? 
I made frittata for breakfast pre toddler group and managed to serve the yummy homemade cake without licking my fingers ( big win) 

frittata with baked pot and salad and home made Mayo for lunch with mate ( while they had quiche) 

and stuffed aubergine with ratatouille, olives and chicken and apple and bullet proof cocoa cos still hungry. 

Im a dreadful snacker so going big with meals this week to try and cut out snacks unless I’m v hungry. Tho hunger rarely a reason I grab the peanut jar……..

Really enjoyed eating healthily without regret. 

How are you all doing? 

@britgirl I do try to do something every day. I go to a really good class that’s really social as well as good exercise, so that sort of kills two birds as I feel like I’ve seen my friends as well. I have to really find time for yoga because I know it benefits me so much, but I literally put a YouTube video on in the living room and do it there. Running is my true love, and it is very flexible in terms of time, I will get up early or go after work to fit it in. I think it’s just mindset and habit mostly- exercise just is something on the list to do every day. 
YouTube is brilliant for short workouts though, you can literally search for 10 minute workouts and find hundreds, some you will like, some you won’t, but if you find a presenter who you like who has a library of videos you can do one every day, it just becomes a habit. 

I love your statement ‘without regret’ ; that really sums up how I was feeling last week. I wasn’t enjoying my food, and felt full of regret. This week has felt so much better! 

Happy to have day one in the bag. Today I had leftover veggies from the balsamic chicken bowls with two eggs and avocado for breakfast.  Will have roasted veggies and chicken sausage for lunch and then marinated flank steak with mashed root veggies and green beans for my dinner.  Prep and planning seem to be key for me.  This round of W30 is very different as it's the first time I am not tracking what I am eating calorie-wise, a bad habit that I need to break in order to listen to what my body needs.  Agree with @Rebecca001about exercise and getting in the habit.  I change into my workout clothes first thing so it motivates me to move, even if it's a walk (which is really my favorite anyway).  Good luck everyone on day two.

Well I think we’re now 10% done! Whoo hoo! Which must mean tomorrow is “ kill all the things” day, (tho I’ll confess mine came yday. Had to seriously deep breath through husband stirring coffee so not to bite his head off) 

Didnt quite make it to exercise today - tho I v often do 10,000 steps, or try to, but did do a guided relaxation which was surprisingly wonderful! 

Husband brought home a bag of cookies and some oreo doughnuts but I wasn’t even slightly tempted. It’s just “no” for 30 days and I’m enjoying feeling like I’m giving my body good stuff. So I enjoyed not having eaten the sugar rubbish. Glad we’re doing this. 

Hope you’re all doing ok. What do you all eat for breakfasts? Bored of eggs already! 

Archived