Is anyone interested in a Nov 1 start date?

peacefullyfierce

Weekend  has been good so far but I have found it hard without alcohol today. That’s 2 full weeks so I suppose it makes sense that the cravings would be peaking. I just kept reminding myself that it’s worth it. Big week at work next week. 

I am also now experiencing real scales cravings as well; I have a terrible relationship with my bathroom scales and I have now not stepped on them for two weeks and I miss them, which sounds weird. But I know it’s a habit I need to break and I feel better when I don’t weigh myself as much. 

I treated myself to something I have wanted for a long time today: an electric blanket! We have a super king bed and my husband always said he would never want an electric, so I had a brainwave and bought a single, just for my side! It’s a little reward for me for getting this far and getting my job! 

I feel really thirsty today, and have eaten a lot of fruit. Hubby cooked dinner, it was compliant but unfortunately just not very nice. He’s now drinking his nice chianti and I am drinking pints of tap water and trying to feel virtuous! 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooh can feel the tiger purring a little bit…. Today I have: 

run 13km, done housework, done kids homework, done a few hours work, washed and straightened my hair, cooked a roast dinner, prepped all my lunches for the week (sweet potato chunks, coronation chicken, mayo), made all the sandwiches for the week, went to remembrance parade, and  made cookies with my boys. Quite a busy day!!!! 

busy week ahead, I’m exams officer at my school and this week is our mock exams. So full time hours, busy busy busy. I like it though, and I’m going into it feeling super organised, clear headed- totally tiger-iffic! 

Day 16, we’re halfway there! How is everyone doing? 

I’m feeling good. Food was good yesterday, if a little sparse in quantity as my appetite was just nothing. I didn’t workout yesterday as I did 11k steps just at work - busy day! Tonight it’s circuits class, something with mince for dinner (meatballs?) and I need to get to bed early as the last 2 nights I have struggled to keep my eyes open watching tv at 9, then struggled to sleep at 10.30! 

Delighted to be at the halfway + point and hoping some of the tiger blood will kick in -- not to mention sleep!  Still struggling in that department although has always been a constant challenge with or without W30.  Food and exercise on point -- I lift heavy weights 3 x per week and do 12K + steps a day.  Nut obsession is starting to lessen its grip and I find that I am not as hungry overall.  Hoping for a good last half and hope everyone is doing well!

This week has been the. Longest week ever!! So tired. However,  it’s Friday! 
We’re having a rack of lamb and red cabbage and asparagus tonight. My husband is having a glass of wine and I’m very jealous. However, I have coped well with the many stresses this week, mostly because I haven’t been tired, hungover, sluggish, and I haven’t patched my emotions with junk food. So although it’s tempting, I know this is the right thing to do! 

ran well today, first one this week! Tomorrow it’s bootcamp at 8, then We are going to do our Christmas shopping. Feels too early, I don’t feel Christmassy at all 

Happy final W30 weekend.  All good but ready to be done, just because i crave things like oatmeal!  But happy to be where I am and feeling better plus slept for six straight hours without waking so that is great progress.  Hope everyone is doing well.  Would welcome any recipes for the final ten day push as running out of ideas!

Hi y’all! Glad you’re both going well. Still here and still going tho had some very odd meals out this week (find that the hardest thing) and more than once  resorted to side dishes. Not particularly enjoyable but been sociable and compliant. Currently away visiting daughter, which involved a stay in a travelodge and eating on the road so Im beginning to look like a tin of tuna. 

Funny what you both say about appetite- mines been right down, rarely hungry these days, much more steady energy but v weary by 8pm and longing for my hot water bottle and bed! 

Will dig out some recipes when I’m awake 

@hmg1993 this isn’t my final weekend, I still have another full week and a half. If you are on Facebook there is a whole 30 recipes page (which I believe may be official/affiliated?) but they have a weekly guest chef who does 7 days of recipes. There are some amazing ideas on there! This week it’s a Persian chef. 

ran 14.5km this morning, sounds a bit evangelical but I just felt so good, glad to be alive. Running into the rising sun, beautiful crisp autumn morning, well fed, well rested. Just awesome. 

Back down to earth, I need to do a food shop and get ready for the week ahead, heading down to watch my son play football then supermarket. I have another crazy busy week on the cards so I need to be firing on all cylinders. 

LOL, it's not my final weekend either, @Rebecca001.  I can't count, or wishful thinking!  Thank you for the recipe ideas,  Here's what I ended up deciding to make this week:

https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/brisket-apricots-and-prunes

https://themodernproper.com/healthy-shepherds-pie

https://thedefineddish.com/sheet-pan-moroccan-inspired-chicken/ (using boneless chicken thighs)

A good day for me, but a bit of a mixed bag, food wise. Didn’t eat breakfast, leftover roast dinner and salad for lunch, few bits of fruit, dinner was a cold chicken breast and A satsuma (which I know is a miserable dinner!) 

I just have no appetite really. My son is poorly and I’ve had a really busy day and food just hasn’t tempted me. Weird! 

tomorrow I need to plan my meals better. I’m leaving for work early again so will probably just eat at lunch when I get home But I will make sure I eat properly to the template. Dinner is a Persian minced beef thing I saw on Facebook but again, I need to put some proper veg with it. 

And day 31 isn’t end of it either-so incredibly helpful to do a by the book reintro so you get your very own personal eating plan. So I’m counting for another 20 days so I don’t go on a mince pie, latte and crisp fest on day 31. Say. To pluck a completely random example from the air. Was So Tempted today when walking down the high street and all the xmas style coffees were calling my name. But I thought it through ( I could….. I’m grown up……but I’ll enjoy NOT having it and staying compliant. As opposed to 3 mins guilty pleasure and hours of regret.) and very glad I didn’t. 

Had spiced lamb mince in a w30 mousakka. Can’t quite get the top runny like    “ normal” mousskka but tasty and filling. 

No sign of tiger blood yet but I like how by this stage it just becomes second nature and far less of a big deal. I still feel like the side of a house. But the weekend with the daughters and passing on so many “treats” was helpful to see how much food is reward/pleasure/ major part of a day out. It’s the culture I grew up in and have passed down to my children. Helpful to see. 

have a good week

Interesting you say you’re going to carry on, I am too. Except alcohol. I never reintroduced anything previously, certainly not as a structured programme, but instead just ate these thing mindfully as they came up. I know from the last 18 months that a) there is enough compliant food to keep me going once the 30 days are up because I can reintroduce compliant snacks like occasional ready salted crisps or nuts, and b) dairy and grains make me feel crappy so I’m not in any rush to eat them. Last Christmas  I was pretty much compliant, plus wine, and I think I had one piece of my Christmas cake (as it took me hours to make!). I definitely intend to stay on it as long as possible until Christmas. 

Way to go on all the progress and plans to continue.  I will reintroduce slowly this time as before I have almost stayed too long and then resented the restrictions, which have then caused me to over compensate.  So slow and steady is the plan.  Thanksgiving here tomorrow and luckily easy to have an on program meal.  Hope everyone is doing well.

22 hours ago, Rebecca001 said:

Interesting you say you’re going to carry on, I am too. Except alcohol. I never reintroduced anything previously, certainly not as a structured programme, but instead just ate these thing mindfully as they came up. I know from the last 18 months that a) there is enough compliant food to keep me going once the 30 days are up because I can reintroduce compliant snacks like occasional ready salted crisps or nuts, and b) dairy and grains make me feel crappy so I’m not in any rush to eat them. Last Christmas  I was pretty much compliant, plus wine, and I think I had one piece of my Christmas cake (as it took me hours to make!). I definitely intend to stay on it as long as possible until Christmas. 

Well that was Monday and this is Wednesday and I’m SO over it!! Came back from W/e away having not eaten ltemplate well” and feeling deprived and that’s carried on and too busy to prep or plan well. Make big vat of Tom soup for lunch ( which I normally love) but missed toast. Badly. Had a bacon and avocado salad to go with it but just not hitting the spot on a cold day. Very VERY nearly made myself a latte. Instead pigged out on cashews and luxury dried fruit bought for the xmas cake. So hidden both in the very depths of the baking cupboard so harder to do again. Cashews out to make cashew milk which is so very much nicer than almond milk I think. But the thought of another 10 days (let alone 20!) is doing my head in. It’s been a big commitment and I dont want to blow it now. 

Need an early night and to get another batch of something in the slow cooker I think! 

Just now, britgirl said:

Well that was Monday and this is Wednesday and I’m SO over it!! Came back from W/e away having not eaten ltemplate well” and feeling deprived and that’s carried on and too busy to prep or plan well. Make big vat of Tom soup for lunch ( which I normally love) but missed toast. Badly. Had a bacon and avocado salad to go with it but just not hitting the spot on a cold day. Very VERY nearly made myself a latte. Instead pigged out on cashews and luxury dried fruit bought for the xmas cake. So hidden both in the very depths of the baking cupboard so harder to do again. Cashews out to make cashew milk which is so very much nicer than almond milk I think. But the thought of another 10 days (let alone 20!) is doing my head in. It’s been a big commitment and I dont want to blow it now. 

Need an early night and to get another batch of something in the slow cooker I think! 

How do you survive without milk?? Does it get easier? 

On 11/9/2021 at 8:21 PM, Rebecca001 said:

I was really ravenous a few days ago but it’s subsided now. I have eaten really simple food the last few days, made some scotch eggs which were unfortunately a bit dry, and had the leftovers from roast dinner on Sunday for a few meals. Tonight I had a lamb steak and a huge salad, and finally got around to making my mayo. I ran 5km this morning at 6am before my job interview (went well thank you @britgirl

I have a thumping headache, and feel really dehydrated although I have drunk enough. Maybe need a bit extra? 
my food tomorrow will be tinned mackerel and salad, an almond milk/berry/coconut cream smoothie, and something ‘chicken-y’ for dinner (was going to be chimmichurri but I forgot to buy parsley). I really enjoyed my run this morning and might try to squeeze one in tomorrow morning, or if not it will be after work. It was my first one in a long time where my legs haven’t felt like lead. 

day 10/11 are notoriously horrible- good to be forewarned! Good luck everyone, we will smash it! 

22 hours ago, Rebecca001 said:

2 hours ago, hmg1993 said:

Way to go on all the progress and plans to continue.  I will reintroduce slowly this time as before I have almost stayed too long and then resented the restrictions, which have then caused me to over compensate.  So slow and steady is the plan.  Thanksgiving here tomorrow and luckily easy to have an on program meal.  Hope everyone is doing well.

Happy thanksgiving! The thread has gone a bit weird- just had a melt down but just venting on here is helpful. Bad bad craving for milky coffee and sweetness and wondering why I look so ghastly still after so much effort??! Your “ slow and steady” comment is helpful. Just continue today, and don’t worry about tomorrow or day 31. One foot in front of the other. 

The thread did go weird! Not sure who asked about the milk but I genuinely don’t think I could drink milk now or eat cheese. I work in a school so I think school dinner cheese smells have reinforced this massively!) - I was such a cheese addict before, I did keto for years and lived on cheese! Funny how we are all different as I don’t miss milk at all. I miss dough- sometimes I miss it so intensely I could cry. Once off strict w30 I can recreate a cake type bake with compliant ingredients but there is no paleo sub for dough is there?? And add to that the fact that it makes me so uncomfortable and miserable, I do try to never eat it. But I miss it. 

could you make a coconut or almond milk latte? Almond milk in coffee doesn’t work for me, it lightens the colour but it tastes exactly the same. After a few days black, I just made the switch. But a latte could work?? Or a mocha with 100% cacao and coffee? (Probably not allowed til after the 30 days though) 

I literally did not eat today, went to work, came home, put my Christmas tree up, then finally had dinner. No appetite at all. I am going to make myself eat something this evening as I don’t like not eating, it always comes back to haunt me the next day with a ravenous appetite 

On 11/24/2021 at 7:17 PM, Rebecca001 said:

The thread did go weird! Not sure who asked about the milk but I genuinely don’t think I could drink milk now or eat cheese. I work in a school so I think school dinner cheese smells have reinforced this massively!) - I was such a cheese addict before, I did keto for years and lived on cheese! Funny how we are all different as I don’t miss milk at all. I miss dough- sometimes I miss it so intensely I could cry. Once off strict w30 I can recreate a cake type bake with compliant ingredients but there is no paleo sub for dough is there?? And add to that the fact that it makes me so uncomfortable and miserable, I do try to never eat it. But I miss it. 

could you make a coconut or almond milk latte? Almond milk in coffee doesn’t work for me, it lightens the colour but it tastes exactly the same. After a few days black, I just made the switch. But a latte could work?? Or a mocha with 100% cacao and coffee? (Probably not allowed til after the 30 days though) 

I literally did not eat today, went to work, came home, put my Christmas tree up, then finally had dinner. No appetite at all. I am going to make myself eat something this evening as I don’t like not eating, it always comes back to haunt me the next day with a ravenous appetite 

Think thread my fault- pushed wrong button or 3! 

I clearly need to get a job in a school! Just thinking about that school cheese smell makes me miss milk a little less. Tried almond milk ( tolerable in tea, foul in coffee and not bad in cocoa) but coconut milk yummy in all but cocoa. It’s hard to find compliant cashew milk but home made is delicious and bearable in coffee. It’s surprising how much I’ve missed my milky posh coffees- a real reward/pick me up. Patient made me a delicious nespresso black coffee today which is progress. 
why not eating?? Don’t you get wobbly? 

On 11/24/2021 at 11:20 PM, hmg1993 said:

Thank you @britgirlfor the great recipe.  On the plan for tomorrow!  Not sure what happened to feed either.  Weirdly I don't crave any dairy  but do want something crunchy and salty like a pretzel or my beloved Twiglets that I don't even think they make anymore.    Wow @Rebecca001on getting the Christmas tree up.  Epic.  

Glad you liked. Good on baked pot/ sweet pot/buttered cabbage if no aubergine. Pom and pine nuts make it. 

We’re very nearly done! I’ve filled the fridge with compliant stuff so will try and carry on now it feels second nature, and not fall into a plate of mince pies tomorrow, but my name is most definitely on a latte at some point in the next couple of days. Made cauliflower soup with some lovely home made chicken stock  in the slow cooker today which I’ve overcooked and it smells disgusting! 

What are you two going to do now? This is the hard bit in many ways with less clear rules and so requires more will power I find. I have lots of social things on now ( and Christmas baking to start- stocking and running a baking stall on Monday) so it’s harder to stay compliant, tho possible, but I’ll try and stay 100% for the ?10 day reintroduction and time reintro days well. And not lick my fingers or nibble the crumbs. 

Hope you’re  happy with your results. So glad we did this and so glad I had your support- thank you 

Thanks @britgirlI am really happy I did this too and also appreciate the support.   I am surprised to find myself wanting to continue albeit with a little more relaxed approach. Staying out of the biscuit tin would be a good thing this month.  So I will slowly introduce and likely just the odd glass of wine for now.  I have enough food and recipes to keep me on a roll.  For now at least!

Well done everyone. We made it! I’m not going to stop the food yet, I know it’s not about scales but I’d have liked to have seen some weight loss and I didn’t really, certainly not substantial. I will probably do a combination of strict food in the week, more relaxed but compliant at weekends, plus wine. I’m not going to do reintroductions yet, I know dairy makes me miserable and grains make me hungry! I’ll probably do that til around 23rd Dec, then have Christmas week, then we always do dry January anyway so probably do another round in jan. even Christmas week, I can’t see me eating too much dairy/grain/sugar because it makes me feel so crap. 

what do you think you will do? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2021 at 6:58 PM, Rebecca001 said:

Well done everyone. We made it! I’m not going to stop the food yet, I know it’s not about scales but I’d have liked to have seen some weight loss and I didn’t really, certainly not substantial. I will probably do a combination of strict food in the week, more relaxed but compliant at weekends, plus wine. I’m not going to do reintroductions yet, I know dairy makes me miserable and grains make me hungry! I’ll probably do that til around 23rd Dec, then have Christmas week, then we always do dry January anyway so probably do another round in jan. even Christmas week, I can’t see me eating too much dairy/grain/sugar because it makes me feel so crap. 

what do you think you will do? 

Thats great

Archived