Mrs Crabby of Crabbiness

little_muffin

I'm just wondering ladies if any of you have experienced feelings of real crabbiness as you have begun your period? I'm now onday 12 of W30 & hubby commented as I came on that I've not been as horrible as I usually am before (!!). However, now on day 3 I am Mrs Crabby of Crabbinessville & it's awful. I am biting everyone's head off, really short tempered with my children & at the point where I would usually reach for my trusty chocolate.

I have been loading the protein every time I've even thought of chocolate/sugar and am bit stuck so any advice would really help. Also, I haven't weighed myself but I don't feel like I have lost any weight either which is a bit poo.

Get some sweet potatoes in you when you have cravings! Your body needs additional carbs before and sometimes during your period. Those cravings for chocolate are why. Listen to those cravings, just respond to them in a compliant way!

Day nine was when I almost fell face first into a bottle of wine and bar of dark chocolate, instead I put the munchkin to bed early and fell into a really hot bath with mineral salts. After an hour of soaking and sweating I started feeling human. If you can, try to pamper yourself a little more, take a bath, read a magazine, meet a friend to walk & talk, and keep the faith that it'll pass.

Archived