On day 32, still super bloated… suggestions please?

Mmctuck

Hi! So I am on day 32 of whole30…. I haven’t started reintro yet - I’m actually considering doing a whole60 - because I am still really bloated and I want to figure out what’s causing it and how to get rid of it. 

A bit of background: I’ve been getting bloated as soon as I eat every morning for the last 5 - 6 years and staying bloated the rest of the day. The only time of day I am not bloated is first thing in the morning before eating. This has remained pretty much the same on the Whole30 diet, except the bloating is not as severe and once in a while I don’t bloat till later meals in the day. 

Any thoughts on what might be causing the bloating? I’ve read a bit about FODMAPS. I’ve also wondered if I’m just eating too much volume for my body. I am slender but muscular (I don’t currently work out but until my son was born 4 months ago I was powerlifting) and I’m breastfeeding a very fat 4 m/o so I’m needing to eat A TON to stay full between meals. Most meals I eat  0.3 - 0.5 ounces of cooked meat (or eggs) + 2 cups of carb dense veggies + 1 - 2 cups other veggies + 1 serving fat (sometimes more) + sometimes  1/2 or 1 serving of fruit. Could I just be eating too much?

Another thought is that I rarely get through a meal uninterrupted or stress free - many meals I am standing and bouncing a baby while trying to eat at the same time or just jumping up and down to run after a toddler. Could that stress be causing bloating?

Any other ideas? Or suggestions on how to figure out this bloating??

If it helps here are some meals I’ve had the last couple days (everything is homemade or recipes from the whole30 cookbook):

12/2

M1: shrimp, eggs, bacon with veggies hash (peppers, onions, potatoes) + roasted red pepper sauce + pesto + pomegranate + decaf coffee with coconut milk

M2: egg salad (with apples, red pepper, celery, green onion, mayo, red wine vinegar) + almonds and macadamia nuts + leafy greens with balsamic vinaigrette + sweet potato mash with carmelized onions

12/1

M1: baked plantain, chorizo, eggs, kale, bone broth, avocado

M2: egg salad (same as above) with roasted potatoes + salad green with balsamic vinaigrette and avocado

M3: turkey+beef patties + sweet potato mash + carmelized onions + kiwi + coconut cream

11/30

M1: sweet pots + pulled pork + eggs + buffalo sauce + everything but the bagel seasoning + avocado + orange + spinach + shitakes

M2: shrimp + chorizo + cauliflower mash + olives + roasted beets 

M3: pulled pork + sweet pots + peppers + onions + eggs + buffalo sauce + avocado

Thanks, I look forward to hearing your suggestions :)

• 9 months later...

Archived