Hunts No High Fructose Corn Syrup Ketchup?

atroianos

I just noticed a new Hunts ketchup on the shelf. The ingredients are: tomato concentrate made from vine ripened tomatos, sugar, distilled vinegar, salt, onion powder, garlic powder.

Does the sugar kill this for me as an option? I tried making my own ketchup and failed miserably :(

Yes, the sugar means it is noncompliant for the whole30.

Anything with added sugar (and sugar in all its names and forms such as fructose), maple syrup, honey, as well as sugar substitutes such as stevia, aspartame, and saccharin are out.

Simply put - no added sweeteners.

I think there's no way to make W30-compliant ketchup that tastes good, or tastes how we expect it to taste. Because sugar is a pretty integral ingredient to ketchup! It's what our tastebuds like about it. Sweetness! No W30 condiment is going to provide a sweet fix in the way that ketchup does.

The good news is that you can't have sugar, but you can have fat. Full-fat sauces all the way!!

• Moderators

Does the sugar kill this for me as an option? I tried making my own ketchup and failed miserably :(

Wow! you must really be hooked on ketchup if you are asking if you can have a brand that ONLY has sugar and not high fructose corn syrup. Maybe you have a ketchup dragon. I think you should starve it to death and not only avoid ketchup, but avoid eating foods that most people top with ketchup.

Archived