Day 12, taste buds changing, still wobbly muscles, hubby somewhat coming out of fog

suzytee

So day 12!!! My son and I tried some natural applesauce and marveled at how sweet it tastes!! That is what we alway ate before but now it most defintely tastes like the sugared kind...Whoot! My song( lover of heavy iced sugar cookies) said it was almost too sweet...oh music to my ears. I am still feeling odd in my leg muscles like they are getting enough fuel. I am getting sweet potatoes more so hopefully it will soon work itself out. Hubby has had a very hard time, but he was definitely giving up more "suck" than I . He went non compliant with alcohol at the end of week one...this is his toughest vice. I hit the roof, because he went into this willingly if not enthusiastically. He agreed to start over at that point and has pretty much pouted every day since...he doesn't like to eat large amounts...and so hasn't had much energy and mostly rolls his eyes or gives me the shoulder sigh when I suggest something, but yesterday after reading some helpful forum posts I encouraged him to dring more water, make sure he gets salt, and he had a hard boiled egg before workout and a sweet potato after and I think he is starting to feel better. Made a special Saturday morning breakfast in place of our usualy breakfast out.( in other words....worked like a dog this morning) and it was well appreciated. I made zucchini hashed browns which were a big hit, though I still need to tweak the recipe a bit. I found it on twitter and here as well. I'm feeling great aside from the weird feeling in my muscles but do feel incredibly busy with planning cooking and cleaning...geez!! Getting poised to buy an 8 qt. pressure cooker and hope that will add to the stockpile of foods for the freezer and for leftovers. I can also vouch for Melissa's quick and easy ( NOT) salmon cakes...they are fantastic and turn out just like the photo in the book. I made double and that was barely enough for the 3 of us....we did have 4 leftover. I'm hoping to make a whole batch just to have in the fridge for leftovers. That's the plan Stan!!

Gosh, thanks for all the tips in this post...zucchini hash browns and the salmon cakes! Mmm. Now the recipe for the salmon cakes...is this in ISWF? I have the kindle version.

My husband is along on this journey too. Poor guy is still detoxing. I am starting to feel better and better. I just try to encourage him, give him back rubs, and kiss him a lot. There's not a lot of talking about sensitive subjects going on over here though. Hahaha! We went over to my brother-in-law's last night and I skipped the wine, beer, and snacks. My husband and I had tea. Alcohol is hard for me too, but having something in my hand to nurse really helps.

Good luck! Great progress. Thanks for the inspiration today. :)

• Moderators

After a workout, you need lean protein within 15-30 minutes to help repair and build your muscles. Think chicken breast or egg whites.. Carbs are optional. Carbs like sweet potato are important after workouts only if you need energy or are very lean.

Rojo, yes the salmon cakes are in ISWF...there is a lovely photo in the middle. I can't wait to make them for non Whole9 folks and after they say how delish I will inform them that there are sweet potatoes in them....I plan on them be astounded.

Archived