Whole30 Journey Round?

Aliem999

Day 19

Made it to the gym this morning. Nothing major. Just getting a bit more active

Breakfast: Grilled veggies and potatoes, two eggs and a dollop of garlic spread

Lunch: Last of the peppers and onions from earlier this week and chicken thighs in enchilada sauce. Probably some avocado.

Dinner: Likely leftovers. Give the kids an array or partial items to clear out space. Might stop by the grocery store today. Need more vegan eggs for my son. He was pretty sad I couldn't make him any (they smelled a bit funky)

Day 22

Weekend went well (I think). Did order something this weekend that supposedly did not have sugar, but based how sweet it was, I have my doubts. I still ate it because I was told there was none and out of the things that I am worried about the least, is a bit of sugar in a marinade. IF I cheated, it was not knowingly. I still feel great, slept well, everything, so IF something was wrong, it did not seem to effect me. Very busy weekend. Need to shop today. Running out of food! Plus it sounds like I will have my kids for an extra day so I will need to figure that out.

Breakfast: Carrots, onions, celery, zucchini with sausage and garlic sauce

Lunch: Chicken, random veggies of peppers and onions, carrots, green beans, cauliflower, carrots, onions, celery and zucchini (essentially any already prepped veggies I had I dumped in) and coated with enchilada sauce and will have avocado

Dinner: whole foods. Need to shop.

I will say after the first initial bloat drop, I have not really noticed any different in my fat/waist line. Maybe it has been gradual and I have not noticed. Quite frankly, if I do not drop some weight on day 30 (I am sure I already have), I probably won't keep adding a few weeks. I will just take the meal template and add in some calorie counting. Either way, I am super happy with the results and I am eating way more healthful and that was my biggest goal. I needed a diet reset and get back to eating whole foods and lots of veggies. Also, my energy is very good. I will still probably add the two days for the half a grain of rice slip up. Whoops! So NSVs! Still very happy. Completely worth it. Just trying to hit a goal for March.

Day 23

I take what I said back yesterday. I really should have known. I usually stay stagnant for like a week and then look like I drop a ton. Last night's stationary bike ride was fantastic. Seriously, definitely my best work out recently (still baby steps). Also last night/this morning it definitely looks like my body has changed dramatically. Very happy about it. This morning's work out was great too. 30 minutes on the bike and 30 minutes on the elliptical. Felt super good. Definitely tiger's blood. Also, still had tons of energy at like 9PM, even after a day of work calls. Definitely refreshing.

Breakfast: Potatoes, leftover chicken, chicken sausage, grilled veggies and a dab of garlic sauce. coffee with vanilla coconut milk. Got it at the farmers market. so good.

Mini meal: eggs, carrots and tomatoes and garlic sauce for dipping. coffee with vanilla coconut milk. Got it at the farmers market. so good. I really should be eating this now as a post gym but very not hungry. I'll probably bring it out soon to snack on, but likely that means I'll push back lunch so dinner might be a mini meal too.

Lunch: Potatoes, assorted veggies and brussel sprouts (all courtesy of of the Whole Foods Deli haha) and steak

Dinner: Likely zucchini, carrots, onions and celery with plain ribs and babaganosh

Day 24! Less than a week left!

Short update. crazy day ahead. Barely ate dinner yesterday. Couldn't eat lunch until 2:30 because I was so full. Quite frankly I could have gone longer. Not super surprised. Just had a chicken wing and a tiny bit of potatoes. Probably could have skipped dinner but figured I should eat something.

Breakfast: lots of veggies and two eggs. No fat. By 11 I was getting hungry, but I knew I would.

Lunch: Leftover ribs and veggies and a few potatoes with garlic sauce

Dinner: last of the zucchini with carrots, onions and celery with red sauce and ground sausage.

Day 25! Almost there!

Breakfast: Veggies, potatoes a bit of sausage (what was leftover) and one egg. Definitely lacking on fat. Also felt like I was forcing myself to eat.

Lunch: Leftovers of zucchini with carrots, onions and celery with red sauce and ground sausage.  I wound up having a bit of the veggies left over since I was not really hungry last night. Lunch was big but I was trying to polish off leftovers. Definitely ate too much.

Dinner: Roasted brussels. Likely roasted potatoes and whatever protein leftovers I have. Worst case I have a package of compliant chicken sausage. Trying to just clear out the fridge.

Day 26!

Last night did not go as planned. I wound up having a Primal Frozen bowl for dinner. Not super ideal but it was that or I was willing to just not eat. Got less than 4 hours of sleep. Just exhausted

Breakfast: Veggies, potatoes and a bit of sausage and garlic sauce. I had a good amount of veggies but lacking in protein and fat. Was not really hungry. Coffee and vanilla coconut milk

Lunch: Brought lots of stuff to snack on. Two eggs. Carrots, tomatoes, garlic sauce, baba ganough.

Dinner: Whole foods I guess. Feeling very uninspired meal wise today. Maybe I will grab a burger. Not sure yet.

Day 27!

Home stretch. Last night may have been boarder line SWYPO for me. At Whole Foods got some prosciutto and some fruit, veggies, and an egg and wrapped them in the prosciutto. I was not super hungry and it really hit the spot. I think it is okay since there were no cracker or cheese replacements and everything was 100% compliant. Also, yesterday I actually considered going to yoga in yoga pants and a bra top, I was feeling that confident. Ultimately decided not to (still have some body insecurities and definitely have some fat to loose) but I think this was the first work out in 5 years I even considered it. Feeling like I will probably add on an extra week or so. Maybe go until the Super Bowl (on Feb 12th) and enjoy some fries (compliant ingredients, but obviously not Whole30 compliant) and a gin and soda or two (definitely not complaint). Then likely go to some sort of food freedom that is mostly compliant. Not sure what I have lost in terms of pounds, but I could probably still lose what I am guessing to be 5-10 pounds, but feeling beyond confident in the body changes that I have already made. Going bra shopping today because I have definitely dropped sizes!

Breakfast: Hash browns, two eggs and crispy prosciutto. Not to template but I definitely need to grocery shop this weekend. Pretty much out of veggies.

Lunch: Last of the sausage balls in red sauce and pretty much all of the random veggies I have left (potatoes, asparagus, little bit of carrots and bell pepper, handful of spinach, I think a couple of brussel sprouts, all cooked in random but neutral spices so it may taste a little weird but should be edible)

I plan on doing an early afternoon bar class so I have some tomatoes, eggs and garlic sauce for a mini meal. Maybe dinner. Depends on how hungry I am. I can always pick up a lettuce burger later if I am still hungry.

I think I decided to make my breakfast and lunch tomorrow pick up from a kabob place that has yummy breakfast. They are huge so definitely can split between two meals. Otherwise I really am out of food besides like some compliant sausage and potatoes. Plan to grocery shop Sunday evening after you guessed it, Whole Foods dinner.

Day 28 and 29 (what!!! tomorrow is the last official day, though I am for sure adding two days on for my half a grain of rice debacle and maybe a week or two more)

Day 28 (sunday) - Survived a (nice) breakfast buffet. I had actually done some pre planning before deciding on my Whole30 since we tend to go every other Sunday (but we skipped two Sunday's ago so this was the first time I had to navigate it.) I had both breakfast and lunch there. I had fruit, veggie omelette, potatoes (if they had their hash browns instead, it would be a no go), steamed veggies and surprisingly the prime rib. Light dinner at Whole Foods. Chicken, veggies and a small portion of potatoes. Went to the gym so I was a tad hungry. Often with brunch It becomes my only meal from being so full.

Day 29!

Breakfast: Potatoes, grilled veggies and chicken sausage. Been light on plated fat so I should watch that today.

Lunch: Likely chicken soup with some sort of plated fat (maybe fruit and coconut) or chicken, roasted potatoes, brussel sprouts and maybe avocado. Whatever we don't eat for lunch will be dinner.

Feeling pretty good though!

Whole30 day 30!!!!!! (last day...kind of)

Going to make it through today. I will weigh myself tomorrow just to see what 30 days looks like!, but I do plan on adding two more days and likely another week and a half. Then I plan on doing Whole30 during the week and mostly on the weekends. I will keep on updating this thread until I go into food freedom though!

Breakfast: Grilled veggies and two eggs. Cooked in extra fat, but definitely not enough. Definitely forgot to buy plated fat (also got about 2 hours of sleep last night due to sick kids so brain is barely functioning.

Lunch: Chicken soup with avocado, likely left over brussel sprouts

Dinner: Chicken Sausage, roasted cauliflower. Not sure what else yet, but worst case can add fruit. Fat will probably be extra oil on top.

NSV!!!!!:

1. eating way more veggies (and enjoying them again)/used to meal prepping again and found some good quick "hacks" to make meals easier (seriously whole foods salad bar was a life saver and I totally plan on doing this consistently)

2. Mostly steady energy

3. Stronger nails (seriously mine always break even when I get gels done)

4. Definitely dropped a size or two. Fitting in clothes I have not in years!

5. Workouts are way better than when I started (though nothing strenuous yet, though might try a more difficult class coming up because I am feeling way more confident!)

6. Down several notches on my fitbit

7. More motivated with personal well being (walking more, sleeping more-ish (busy season maybe is not the best marker for this one), taking care of myself (mani/pedis, bought some more clothes, treat yo self!) haha

8. Kids are eating healthier. They have always eaten healthfully, but in Dec especially I was doing a lot of pick up. They have not been doing the Whole30 with me, but less take out is a good thing.

For those who care. I did lose 14.6 pounds and 2.5 inches around my waist. Though the pounds are probably skewed from brunch+fast food the day before I started and throwing up the night of day 30 (due to flu and not due to Whole30). I probably lost around 8-10 pounds I would guess based on my knowledge of my body. Pretty great! I did not stick to Whole30 on day 31 or day 32 because I was sick and barely eating. I do plan on doing mostly Whole30 (probably about 90%+) until my girls trip mid March. Want to make sure I don't blow up like a balloon on a fun weekend! After that weekend I do plan on going back to 90% Whole30 again. Maybe a mini reset after or a full Whole30 after. I do feel better (minus being sick) Good thing I did my NSVs on day 30 and not 31. I had nothing good to say about how i was feeling yesterday!

• 9 months later...
On 1/25/2022 at 8:08 PM, Aliem999 said:

Day 23

I take what I said back yesterday. I really should have known. I usually stay stagnant for like a week and then look like I drop a ton. Last night's stationary bike ride was fantastic. Seriously, definitely my best work out recently (still baby steps). Also last night/this morning it definitely looks like my body has changed dramatically. Very happy about it. This morning's work out was great too. 30 minutes on the bike and 30 minutes on the elliptical. Felt super good. Definitely tiger's blood. Also, still had tons of energy at like 9PM, even after a day of work calls. Definitely refreshing.

Breakfast: Potatoes, leftover chicken, chicken sausage, grilled veggies and a dab of garlic sauce. coffee with vanilla coconut milk. Got it at the farmers market. so good.

Mini meal: eggs, carrots and tomatoes and garlic sauce for dipping. coffee with vanilla coconut milk. Got it at the farmers market. so good. I really should be eating this now as a post gym but very not hungry. I'll probably bring it out soon to snack on, but likely that means I'll push back lunch so dinner might be a mini meal too.

Lunch: Potatoes, assorted veggies and brussel sprouts (all courtesy of of the Whole Foods Deli haha) and steak

Dinner: Likely zucchini, carrots, onions and celery with plain ribs and babaganosh

Very motivating to read your diary! I would like to ask you about stagnant staying. It turns out that you have changed your lifestyle, acquired the right eating habits, but still you have periods when you stop losing weight, and then it seems to disappear at once? This is actually the first time I've seen this and it looks like I should be having the same thing, only I can't get through a week if I don't see any results at all. I will be more patient!