new, as in super beginner :)

lisa

Hi, everyone--

I'm just finishing day #1 + feeling pretty celebratory!

A month ago, my friend was feeding her baby some of her first semi-solid foods -- avocados, squashes, berries and yogurt. We were sort of wistfully remarking about what it might be like to eat like a child: whole, real foods, starting from scratch.

When I stumbled on this site over the weekend, I realized that this was a structured way to do that-- to feed myself thoughtfully and with care. Despite years of autoimmune issues, joint pain, and stomach aches, I haven't pushed myself to cut out more than some of the dairy that I realized was making me sick last year.

So, I'm starting today and we'll see how it goes. I'm curious to notice how my body is responding to food-- all I know is that I'm often feeling pretty bad but I'm just rolling with it everyday. I'm looking forward to reading about how you all are learning and exploring, what you're seeing aobut your own experience with nutrition.

Thanks for this site + for sharing your thoughts and ideas.

Welcome Lisa!

I often thought that too when we were shopping for our (then) toddler. We were amazed how careful companies were to only make pure foods for infants but how quickly it changed for older children and adults.

Please keep us up to date on your progress!

Lisa I was thinking the same thing a few weeks ago when I was buying foods for my 13 month old. I have never given him sugar or salt and I buy organic where possible. He hasn't had wheat partly because we found him to be gluten intolerant. This made me wonder why I'm not as careful with my older boys (15yrs, 13yrs, and 11yrs) my husband or myself!? So I found the whole30 and decided we're all on board and looking after the health of my family....and I need to lead by example. Look forward to hearing how you get on.

Thanks so much for the warm greetings + encouragement, you all.

Here's to taking the opportunity to take care of ourselves as we would for a chlid that we wanted to grow strong and healthy!

Archived