W30 officially sucking, this time

I don't know why but this time I have been plagued with diarrhea. PLAGUED. Like, I should be at Trader Joe's doing my Sunday shop right now and instead, I'm not leaving the house. I just ate a sweet potato to see if that would help sort things out, but protein is SO unappealing right this minute that I could not face eggs for breakfast this morning. My body wanted wine last night -- believe it or not, a little alcohol sometimes settles things right down when my digestive system is spazzing out -- and this morning, all I want is a nice bowl of plain, hot white rice. I'm going to carb out for the next few days on starchy veggies and see if it helps, the only thing I can think of is that maybe I got a little too low carb last week.

I'm pretty sure I went through this adjustment on my very first W30 last June and got over it, but (insert colorful profanity here). I have to go on a business trip in a few days and this HAS to settle down. I've been avoiding magnesium at bedtime, taking a little gelatin in my hot tea as I've heard it can help with gut healing, and eating sauerkraut.

I just need some moral support, and any suggestions that don't involve kombucha.

• Moderators

I hear there is a diarrhea bug going around almost as aggressively as the flu bug that has swept the country. I've had trouble with diarrhea over the past week and keep wondering if that might be my problem. Fortunately, my "experience" is not severe.

Hope you feel better- my DH had a nasty diarrhea spell the other night- came on him so suddenly. He was on Day 10 of his 2nd Whole30, but had fallen pretty far off the paleo wagon prior to starting up. We are attributing it to the change in habits, though this did not happen on round 1. Feel better and take care of yourself !

You poor thing! Whatever it is, at least cut out the high FODMAPs foods for the time being. At least you can give your gut a break by not eating a lot of cabbage and dried apricots or anything like that while you heal. Long-distance hugs to you!

Definitely going around and- brace yourself- around and around! My household had severe trouble for 3-4 days, then seemed fine,a week later a second bout (a little less severe, 1-2 days) another 7-10 days clear and I am currently on day 3 of W30 and have had terriblle trouble during the first two. Doctor says it's a 3 week party.....yay for us! No fevers or other complications so, sadly, not much we can do since the BRAT diet is out....

If it's any consolation, I was on vacation when the "fun" began and spent most of my time in bed in the fetal position if I wasn't crying in the bathroom, lol.

Archived