Medicated Humidifier for Colds

Coffee&Chocolate

Hi, crazy-pants here.
I was not sure where to post this - I am starting my reintroduction tomorrow and am feeling a bit congested so I went to fill my humidifier with Vick’s VapoSteam. The ingredients are as follows: Camphor (synthetic), alcohol, cedar leaf, eucalyptus oil, laureth-7, menthol, nutmeg oil, poloxamer, silicone…you put this IN a hot steam humidifier (not consumed lol). I figured it was ok at first because I wasn’t ingesting any, so I had the humidifier running…but then was looking up some of the ingredients (which didn’t help alleviate my concerns) and was not sure if this would impact my reintroduction results (by breathing in particulates of those ingredients). I wasn’t sure if this fell under a similar rule as vaping, which is the closest thing I could find to my question!
I have some peppermint essential oil I can use instead, but am concerned if I have messed up my reintroduction at all by already having ran the humidifier with the medicated steam added. 

Thanks in advance for the help and kindness! (…I know I’m getting some eye rolls with this, but I had to ask)

• Moderators

This isn't really the same as vaping. You're not addicted to any of the ingredients, as someone vaping nicotine products could be. It’s not something you're doing to relax at the end of the day or in a social setting. It's more a medical thing. I definitely understand how reading more about the ingredients might make you question whether you should use it or not, but as far as Whole30 is concerned, the rules don't really apply here and whatever amount you're inhaling shouldn't be enough to affect your reintroductions. 

Archived