whole 30 sugar re intro

hello, hope everyone is well.

I am on day 30, and totally kicked butt!! whoo hoo! I am wondering about sugar reintroduction. If I reintroduce sugar, and then go back to whole thirty for the two days and move on to the next group, am I then to eliminate it again until all reintroductions are done? 
If i decide to do sugar as it’s own group is it OK to consume in small amount, like in coffee etc while reintroducing for example alcohol. Like I would have a drink maybe vodka-gf that is, with tonic or soda water  but maybe i had sugar in my coffee that morning , and a little honey on an apple throughout the day. I am a little confused on the sugar reintroduction. Thanks 

• Moderators

Sugar reintroduction is a little more complicated since as you know, it's in everything. We generally say that you should keep note of what you've been reintro'ing that also contains sugar and then watch for sugar dragon, snacking tendencies etc to come back.

We suggest that you do alcohol on its own if you're going to reintroduce it - that's a beast unto itself and it would be very hard to determine if it was the alcohol or the sugar that caused any unwanted return of the sugar dragon or snacking.

• Moderators

Sorry I wasn't clear... it's almost impossible to do reintros of other items without having sugar so we just suggest that unless you want to reintro sugar all by itself (sugar in otherwise compliant coffee, honey on apple etc), we just suggest that you keep an eye on how the sugar dragon is doing... There's no one way to do reintros of sugar so whatever way you want to do it... it's just you may find it hard to reintro something like bread or dairy or any prepackaged foods without stumbling across sugar.

so, yesterday I did the reintro of sugar, so today I should go back to whole 30 for two days?? do I need two days of compliance for sugar?.. then do alcohol gf free, and take two days back to whole 30 then say when I introduce legumes- is it OK to add the otherwise compliant creamer that has a little bit of sugar in. or should I still continue to eliminate that aspect. I know you said alot of foods have it so it’s hard when reintroducing. I guess the only sugar I want to have consistently is the little bit in my otherwise compliant coffee. thanks . sorry, if this is all confusing 

Archived