I'm a wicked b*tch today. Please tell me it will go away.

kaybee

I thought the "kill all things" phase was in the beginning? I'm on day 13 and up until yesterday I considered myself lucky that I'd been feeling great. Happy -- serene, even. But last night I started turning into an extremely cranky, irrational and agitated version of me. No good, no good at all. I fully recognize it, but somehow am powerless to stop it. It's not even close to PMS time, either. I feel like ripping my hair out. Or someone else's hair. My poor husband. Luckily he's a saint and sees that something's up, so is supportive no matter how mean I am. I don't want to be mean....ugh. Please tell me this will pass!

Here's what I learned last year about me and Paleo, I have to eat. Especially if I am working out. My food fuels my metabolism and If I miss a meal, or didn't eat enough, I will kill you and eat your arm. I am normaly a sweet person, but I have to carry emergency food, cause I get HANGRY if I don't eat.

I

Yeah, I'm on day 14 and feel the same, as well as reeeaaaalllly lethaaargic! Can't do much more than lie around. Just as well I have a supportive husband, too!

I read a quote during my first week on the W30 that said (which applies to many situations): "Just when you feel like giving up, remember why you held on so long in the first place."

Let's hope we all feel better tomorrow! :(

I SOOOOO feel the same way! This is the end of Day 12 and also the end of an exhausting 2-day marathon of prep cooking, at the end of which I realize I still don't have the components for one full meal or know what I'm going to put in my husband's lunch tomorrow. So much chopping; I can't take any more chopping!!!!!

And also, for the FIRST TIME since I started this thing, I find myself thinking, "Screw it. I'm going to bury my face in something full of sugar or alcohol or both because I DESERVE IT!"

I'm not going to do it. And I expect to feel better tomorrow. But yeesh!

Oh, darling. This may be TMI, but PMS has not been an issue for me since 2003. Don't listen to what they tell you: it is GREAT to be old! :D

Actually, I have a long history of quitting at the 10-12 day stage of any program. They were just not sustainable, but this one is. So I am going to pull up my big girl panties and carry on. I will, indeed, hang in there and go back to the happy place. Hope I see you there!

Oh, and will ya look at that: This is Day 13!

Oh, darling. This may be TMI, but PMS has not been an issue for me since 2003. Don't listen to what they tell you: it is GREAT to be old! :D

Actually, I have a long history of quitting at the 10-12 day stage of any program. They were just not sustainable, but this one is. So I am going to pull up my big girl panties and carry on. I will, indeed, hang in there and go back to the happy place. Hope I see you there!

Oh, and will ya look at that: This is Day 13!

Perfect quote for me today!!!! I, too, am going to put my big girl panties on. I woke up 50 shades of cranky today. Sad + angry that I let myself gain 40lbs over the past year - and now it is going to take so long to get it off. Just a change from the euphoria I've been feeling since starting. I'm on Day 11.

As well as a wine demon, I have an "instant gratification" demon.

Wine demon? Instant gratification demon? Yes and yes. Feeling better today, I think. I have the day off, so that alone makes me feel better. Hopefully I'm out of the woods for a while with the bitchy phase. I'm praying it doesn't return! Feel better, everyone!

It's funny how suddenly this can happen--my fiancé and I both experienced super irritability earlier in this W30 (luckily on different days). For both of us it was just like a switch flipped and we were WAY more irritable than the situation called for. It's got to be something hormonal...

hang in there, don't kill anything you're going to want later... it will pass!

I thought I was alone on this one!! I am not "kill all things" but I am exhausted!!! My boyfriend is about to give up and I almost chewed his head off... maybe I am kill all things after all lol The tiredness has to go though!!! I hope it gets better soon.

I am on day 14. This is what I had today:

- meal 1 : 4 chicken wings (homemade and left over from yesterday), sweet potato wedges, 2 hard boiled eggs with a couple of spoons of homemade mayo

- meal 2 : 2 chicken thighs, bowl of butternut squash/carrot/apple soup,1/2 avocado

- I was hungry about 30min ago so had an orange, cherry tomatoes and ranch made from the homemade mayo for added fat

- meal 3 will be spaghetti squash with ground beef red sauce and will add oil to the squash for fat

this is what I had yesterday:

- meal 1: 2 eggs, pork belly, sweet potato wedges

- meal 2: homemade chicken wings, carrot fries, and homemade mayo

- meal 3: 4 hard boiled eggs, bowl of butternut squash/carrot/apple soup, ate the coconut oil straight up

My boyfriend is exhausted as well so I am including more fat in his meals and telling him to keep up with his water intake. I had the energy burst on day 9 but has not happened since then. I do wake up before my alarm now which is nice but I feel like I am going to crash the whole day.

Heh, I had the 'kill all things' on day 15. Unfortunately, it coincided with a day of travel, on a Saturday (you know...lots of screaming kids, newbie travelers and people in no particular hurry!), with a 2 hour weather delay AND a severe lack of food choices.

By the time I got home, I think I'd left chew marks on my steering wheel.

Day 16 was much better. :) Hang in there!

Archived