Confused about symptoms

• Moderators

If you ended up with Keto Flu, are you going super low carb? We don't recommend that and depending on your context, we recommend at least a fist sized serving of starchy carbs a day, more if you're active. Also, double check that you are salting your food and eating per the meal template.  If you list what you've been eating, maybe we can see something that stands out.

Thanks-yes-I eat fruit, a little dried fruit, and lots of sweet potatoes and squash. But I used to eat crackers, chips, sugary treats. So I wasn’t surprised at the withdrawal effects. Just surprised that it persisted. I still haven’t felt the “ magic” and I’m in 3rd week. Oh-and I have been following the Real Plans app for meals. 100%.

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, SaraJaneBrook said:

Real Plans app for meals

Do their meals match up to the template? I know people have indicated in the past that the serving sizes are small or missing some components so just make sure that you're getting the plated fat at every meal and eating enough - Meal Plans are great because they take a lot of the required energy out of planning but they can lack in some regards.

Oh. Hadn’t expected that (components missing) as it’s a Whole30 app. And yes I’m surprised at the amount of fat we eat. Tho in keto diets it’s like that too. And if I need a little extra I always go to approved nuts or parts of approved food bars. But that’s not every day. 

Thanks-yes-I eat fruit, a little dried fruit, and lots of sweet potatoes and squash. But I used to eat crackers, chips, sugary treats. So I wasn’t surprised at the withdrawal effects. Just surprised that it persisted. I still haven’t felt the “ magic” and I’m in 3rd week. Oh-and I have been following the Real Plans app for meals. 100%.

• Moderators
18 hours ago, SaraJaneBrook said:

it’s a Whole30 app

Real Plans is not a Whole30 app, they are a meal planning app that has Whole30 approved recipes/meals but that means the ingredients are compatible and the rules are followed (ie, no recreated baked goods). The meal template is a recommendation of the program to help you get the best out of the program. Another example would be the Walmart Whole30 approved frozen meals.  They're compatible with the program and great for an emergency where you don't have food prepared or someone ate your leftovers but they are a bit small for most people as far as a template meal.