Not getting any benefits

I am on about day 39, fast track reintroduction phase. I am unimpressed with results and wondering where I may have slipped up. I def went thru serious detox, and continued thru day 30 with dedication, no off-program foods, using RealPlans throughout. So proud of myself. Lost 12 pounds-yay!!! But where is my Tiger blood? I never got the magic rush of energy so highly touted by the program. I am feeling fatigued and unmotivated. Have been exercising, so not ignoring that. I am going thru lots of personal change w therapy, but nothing difficult has come up lately. 
Anyone have any ideas? Please-ask me questions. Thanks!!

• Moderators
3 hours ago, SaraJaneBrook said:

I am on about day 39, fast track reintroduction phase. I am unimpressed with results and wondering where I may have slipped up. I def went thru serious detox, and continued thru day 30 with dedication, no off-program foods, using RealPlans throughout. So proud of myself. Lost 12 pounds-yay!!! But where is my Tiger blood? I never got the magic rush of energy so highly touted by the program. I am feeling fatigued and unmotivated. Have been exercising, so not ignoring that. I am going thru lots of personal change w therapy, but nothing difficult has come up lately. 
Anyone have any ideas? Please-ask me questions. Thanks!!

Hey there!  I'm sorry that you're feeling like there have been no benefits to this program that you committed to.  I would say sticking through it for 30 days plus reintroduction, dropping a few pounds (which you seem happy about) and potentially learning how foods impact you would be some pretty big benefits!

I would also encourage you to check out the Non Scale Victories (NSV) checklist (which I think I linked to you in your other post) to see what other things you might have actually improved without realizing it.

https://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-nsv.pdf

As far as Tiger Blood, not everyone gets the magical kick of energy - some people's tiger blood definitely does look very energizer bunny-esque and some people have more subdued changes. Did you adjust your meals to match the meal template as had been suggested previously? I know you mentioned you were using Real Plans but per our previous discussion, those aren't always complete template meals in either their size or composition.

Have a read through the below article and see if any of it resonates with you

https://whole30.com/tiger-blood-101/

Thank you for your detailed answer. Yeah-I wasn’t being fair to the program to say I had no benefits. And no, I didn’t really follow the template as much as I did the RealPlan recipes. Tho I did tinker with portion size depending on recipes. I’ll review the template, and read the article you posted. Thanks again. 

Archived