Should I eat after late night Yoga?

FeelingLippy

Sorry I'm all new to W30 and trying to get my head around all the rules and advice. I do hot yoga several times per week. Most classes are in the evening finishing around 9pm. W30 says not to eat too late in evening but I think I read somewhere else I should eat after exercise. Yoga teacher said not to eat 3 hours before a class so I don't have my tea usually until after. Should I change my routine?

• Moderators

I think you need to eat afterwards even though it is late. It is best to finish eating about 2 hours before going to sleep, but eating closer to bed time is better than not eating enough for the day or waking up hungry in the middle of the night and needing to eat then.

I stopped going to hot yoga because late classes caused trouble with my schedule. I found that eating late was only part of the problem. I was so energized by class that it took me several hours to calm down and be able to sleep, regardless of eating. Unfortunately, I still had to be at work at 6 AM, so could not sleep late.

I train at night 2-3 days per week and what I have done to adjust is make meals one and two my big main meals and then eat a mini meal a few hours before my work out and a very light meal after( couple of eggs, 1/2 avocado and spinach)... That way I'm still netting the right amount for the day and hitting the sack without something heavy like a big steak in my stomach ....

It's all fine tuning, listen to your feed back, and if like Tom it is messing with your sleep, try to reschedule.....

Thanks guys, advice very much appreciated. I shall make meals 1and 2 my big meals as you suggest Fender and eat smaller before and after. Tom, I find the same thing after hot yoga, very energised. They do morning classes but it is proving difficult with childcare. I shall see how I go. Thanks again for the advice :)

Archived