New start date.. Today!

Deana26

I had thought that I would be ready to start last Monday but I just wasn't prepared with my meal planning. So I started today not feeling much more prepared. Last night I ran out to Whole Foods 20 min before they closed and grabbed some basic stuff. I need lots more but I figure it's a start!

So this morning I made the Morning Mix (with ground pork). It was pretty good. As I was eating I realized there were no veggies so I'm wondering what others have done with this meal. Maybe it's not necessary to have veggies at EVERY meal but after reading ISWF I'm under the impression that's not the case.

Thanks

Good luck! I'm in my 2nd week. I found the 1st week I was constantly fearful of not being prepared. Those fears have subsided substantially. I'm guessing you'll find the same. :)

If there are no veggies in my breakfast (which sometimes there aren't), I will often add avocado (which is technically a fruit?) or tomato slices.

Cucumbers are good to have around, not the most nutritious of vegetables but some green matter is better than none. Spinach is good too, since it wilts with just brief exposure to heat you can throw it in just about anything.

Deana, welcome to the party! I've been loving my W30 breakfasts. At first I was super formal about having eggs and sausage or whatever, but last week I started making a hash out of what's in the fridge, trying to make sure it always includes some cooked leafy greens.

This morning's mix: mashed cauliflower, some mashed roasted sweet potatoes, steamed kale, steamed spinach, cubed roast chicken breast, and one egg scrambled right in the pan (it helps hold everything together). Surprisingly delicious and way filling.

So this morning I made the Morning Mix (with ground pork). It was pretty good. As I was eating I realized there were no veggies so I'm wondering what others have done with this meal. Maybe it's not necessary to have veggies at EVERY meal but after reading ISWF I'm under the impression that's not the case.

Good luck with Day 1 Deana26! I just hit Day 8 and I can attest to things getting easier. Breakfasts are the hardest for me, as I'm always running behind. It's my understanding that veggies are an essential role to every meal in W30. Morning veggies have been my biggest challenge. I made some of the spinach/sausage muffins from Wellfed and that got me through the first week, now I'm being more adventurous. Leftover veggies from the fridge make a perfect addition to eggs once you start stocking up! Enjoy!

Thank you all!!

I don't know why I hadn't thought of spinach! Cucumbers are good too! I typically would stick,with eggs for breakfast but I've been doing that for so long that I figured I would do something new. breakfasts are going to be rough for me as well! So great to hear those who have made it beyond the first week!

I keep wanting to reach for my Starbucks Via peppermint mocha with coconut milk. That's going to be a huge challenge!

If you can find an hour once a week, you can make a breakfast casserole that lasts all week. In a big mixing bowl, I put 12 eggs, 1 small grated sweet potato, 1 pkg of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry, and 1/2 a chopped onion. To this I add whatever else is around--cooked bacon, sliced, pre-cooked sausage, or ground beef, and some tomato, or green pepper, or mushrooms, etc.

Grease a 9x13 casserole dish and bake at 325 for about 30 minutes, or until the center is set. Once it cools a bit, I cut it into portions, wrap and refrigerate. I throw a few in the freezer for later in the week. It is solid enough that it can be eaten one-handed if necessary, even though that kind of eating is frowned on around here. :)

Archived