Day 1-First Whole 30 (The broke college student edition?)

Sophie Klarion

Hi guys! My name is Sophie and today I'm starting my first ever Whole30. Over my break, I've read through the forums, came up with a plan and now I guess I'm implementing it. My goal isn't just to lose weight and become healthy overall: I figured the extra energy would really help me out with my classes. As a student diagnosed with ADHD, I already have a lot of energy almost all the time, however, most of that is kind of a tired and distracted energy, if that makes any sense. To add to this, I recently injured my left knee after falling hard on some concrete while skating (I currently skate with the Smoky Mountain Roller Girls in Bryson City, NC, but I'm taking a break to recover from the injury). So not only do I hope this will help me with my studies: I also hope it will help me focus on working out my knee without reinjuring it. All that said, I am going to do the Whole30 according to the very limited budget I have, and the meal plan that the school offers. Luckily, they offer a salad bar and a salad restaurant, but most meats are fried, so I'm hoping to get a job so that I might be able to work this out completely. x.x Wish me luck!

Hey glad to hear! I have been working part time and I managed to get through a whole 30 once successfully (after many attempts). So believe me I know how it is. Sometimes I go to the grocery store just for the one meal I'm about to eat. As long as you prioritize some high quality protein, I think the rest can fall into place for you!

Best of Luck,

Kevin,

Thanks Kevin. That's great to hear. ^^ I'm basically going to go to the store today and get what I can for the week. Don't have a part time job sadly, but hopefully things will fall into place with that as well. x.x It's just really hard since I don't have a car right now (I share one with my brother whenever we're 'home'.). At least I've found upon closer observation that there ARE healthy choices on campus so far. So I have a few things to fall back on as far as this program is concerned if I run low on money. ...So I think I'll go to the store for fresh broccoli, carrots, turkey bacon and a few other things. I just need to double check that 'naughty' list for the whole30 to make sure I don't get something I shouldn't...though I'm pretty sure I have it mostly figured out.

Day 1 menu (I'm going to start posting these, but I forgot to yesterday): Breakfast- Apple, some almonds and two scrambled eggs Lunch- Freshens Salad with cucumbers, spinach spring mix, mandarin oranges, grilled chicken and avocado (It came with a shell, but I did not touch it). Dinner- 3 slices of Turkey Bacon, a large portion of broccoli and a small sweet potato. I also drank about 3-4 bottles of water. :) We have a water bottle refill fountain in my dorm that is practically ideal!

Archived