Unexpected benefits!

Brye Roniger Crockett

I was talking to a friend today about how I felt my Whole30 was going and it was a great talk because I had a chance to reflect on changes at the half way mark so I figured I would share them with you too.

I am overall a fairly happy person. I don't stress very much. Just kind of go with the flow. It's nice.

In talking with my friend I realized that I am even more happy... maybe not that. More... patient which in turns makes me happier. As my Dad would say I have changed my tone of voice with my family. There is less yelling and fighting between us which is very nice. There is more together time because they help me out in the kitchen sometimes and also since I'm not snacking as much I try to stay out of the kitchen which leaves more time for them

I have more energy. This is huge.I never really felt like I lacked energy. I am still tired by the end of the day which is ending a bit earlier than it used to but I get a lot more accomplished in the awake hours. Mondays used to just be laundry day but I got most of the house cleaned plus I organized my spices.

I enjoy my food more and appreciate it which sounds really weird but I was habitually on the internet or on the phone or watching tv while eating. Since ending that I feel like I take more time to savor and enjoy my food. Even if it is just ham and a banana with almond butter.

All of these things led to a happier Me which is great and an added benefit that I didn't know would happen. Another added bonus was my "mean" time I was so nice that even my hubby noticed which is awesome!!

What a great post! I'm glad to hear things are going so well for you and you're feeling the emotional benefits of the Whole30 - sometimes those benefits get overshadowed by the "magic" that everyone wants to feel. But who wouldn't want to feel happier?! :). Congrats - hope you have as much success on the last half of your Whole30 as you have so far!

I'm halfway tomorrow and I'm enjoying my food more now too, feeling more energy (for the most part) and because I'm taking care of myself it's making me happier! I wake up everyday excited. Thanks for sharing. I'm so glad you're seeing benefits in only a couple of weeks!

In talking with my friend I realized that I am even more happy... maybe not that. More... patient which in turns makes me happier. As my Dad would say I have changed my tone of voice with my family. There is less yelling and fighting between us which is very nice. There is more together time because they help me out in the kitchen sometimes and also since I'm not snacking as much I try to stay out of the kitchen which leaves more time for them

Seconding this for me! I work with kids every day, so this is a huge plus. Yay!

• 2 weeks later...

I like what you said about enjoying and savoring your food more. I read this right before I ate my lunch, and I was actually dreading what I was about to eat, even though I knew it was going to taste good I was really going to miss eating crackers with it, and so hearing you say you savor it made me mindful to be in the moment. So I enjoyed my salad and forgot about wanting some crunchy grains with it.

Archived