Arghhhhh, Day 1 Take 3 Tomorrow

Well, first I made it to day 3, then I stress ate part of a gingerbread cookie. Now I've made it to day 12 and ate 2 hazelnut chocolates. There was an incident....okay, my three year old pooped on my couch, there were dogs involved, it was......horrendous.

The chocolates were supposed to be my solace. I am just so annoyed with myself. I mean, seriously I actually had a running dialogue in my head....they aren't worth it, they aren't worth it, and I ate them anyway. I was possessed. Then to top it off, they didn't even taste good! They tasted like....pine trees. If someone made a chocolate that tasted the way vicks vapo rub smells that was what these were like. I blew 12 days for gross tasting chocolate. That is what I am most mad at. Arghhhh

So, I need to figure out a way to deal with "out of the blue" situations. Things that completely take you off guard and are unexpected. Something that will allow me to immediately release tension but not land in food purgatory, alcoholics anonymous, or jail. I meditate at night, I do yoga, I work out. I walk the dogs. But when a kid smears poop all over your 1 year old couch what do you do? Normally, a glass of wine would work but that is not whole30 compliant. Must figure this out.

I must also rummage through my cupboards to make sure no more "lapses in judgment" can occur.

Thank you for allowing me to rant....I am sorry my kid is gross.

Scream, top of your lungs. That's what I would do. Go for a quick walk with your kid. Whatever gets your mind off of it.

If that doesn't work and you need a little "food solace" try a spoonfull of coconut butter. It ALWAYS does the trick for me

By the way, I am SOOOO sorry that happened to you. I don't have kids but I used to deal with an entire daycare full of poop smearers... :wacko:

Hugs, MommaMawby! hugs.gif

You made really good progress to get to Day 12 this time. (And what a gift it was that the chocolates tasted awful!*)

Gold star for starting over tomorrow. It think you're going to find that the third time's a charm.

Teresa

* I couldn't keep a straight face at the thought of you eating something that looked like chocolate in that situation, though! :wacko:

Oh how I sympathize with you... I have two little boys and they are as BOY as you get. Man. I love Rachael's suggestions, and would add tea. A warm cup of herbal tea, usually chamomile or Tension Tamer (by Celestial Seasonings) will do the trick.

I once had someone help me reframe my relationship with food by asking me to rename my treats when I am feeling impulsive. So I might look at the chocolates and rename them "a bite of 12 days down the toilet" or chips as "inflammation in a bag." I work someplace where there is free food and alcohol available to me quite frequently and this helps so much. I ask myself, if the sign over the food said "Come get your free diabetes here!" or "Would you like a glass of depression and anxiety?" would I walk up and partake? Heck no.

It keeps me laughing and it really makes me think twice about my indulgences because it puts the physical and emotional consequence front and center.

Hang in there. You can do it!!

Archived