Not hungry- especially in the morning

hinshawj

I always thought that if I'm doing this right I should be slightly hungry when I wake up, but I'm not. It is sometimes hours before I'm hungry. and I'm not having coffee, so that's not it. I'm still eating anyway, but yesterday I forgot and wasn't hungry tip mid morning. Does this mean I'm in taking too much the day before?

• Moderators

Sometimes your hormones are just off and it takes weeks of following a good schedule before they get in line. One of the best things to do to get your hormones in their proper rhythm is to eat a full breakfast within an hour of waking in the morning.

Not being hungry in the morning almost never has anything to do with how much you ate the previous day. If you want us to help with figuring out if you are eating a good amount, we would need to see a few days of a food log. But if you are following the Whole9 meal template, you are not eating too much.

Thanks Tom,

My brain has trouble with the 'palm sized' protein serving. I've been staying around 3-4oz of meat, chicken. Sound right, for an average woman, 5'4'- 145

Do your best to get in the full palm size, if not more. I'm a LOT smaller than you at 5'0 and I can do a double palm size on a hungry day. Don't be afraid of the protein - it will do you so much good.

Archived