Bouillon Powder and Berocca Boost

Louisa Weasal Brown

hi everyone. my partner and i are in scotland and just started the whole30. on day 2 now. i have 2 unrelated questions so i hope it's ok to post them both in one topic. i would like to make soup and usually use a vegetable bouillon powder as stock. i aso use this as flavouring for roast veggies etc. ingredients are: sea salt, hydrolised vegetable protein, potato starch, palm oil, vegetables, lactose, spices, parsley and lovage. it contains no preservatives, colouring, artificial flavouring, or genetically modified material. is this allowed? second query is about berocca boost. i don't know if you have these by the same name in the states but they are basically effervescent tablets that you put in water and they supposedly give you a boost, give you vitamins, help with a hangover (not that we are drinking right now) etc. my partner sometimes likes to have one at work in the morning. it contains guarana so helps seeing as we don't drink coffee or anything like that. ingredients are: vit B1, vit B2, niacin, pantothenic acid, vit B6, folic acid, vit B12, biotin, vit C, magnesium, zinc, guarana. contains no gluten, yeast and lactose and no sugar, but it contains phenylalanine.

thank you. hopefully someone can help :)

• Moderators

The bouillon powder fails as both processed food and as containing potato starch. I would like to flunk the berrocca boost too because it is a stimulant in pill form, but the ingredients are probably all okay and it seems to be similar to strong coffee.

Sorry, Im afraid the Berroca's out as well. Their own website says the following

"Effervescent Berocca® Boost tablets contain sweeteners and sugars, although the sugars are present in a very small amount 25mg (0.025g). The effervescent tablets contain 349.81mg sorbitol, 70.13mg mannitol, 20mg acesulfame, 30mg aspartame."

Here's the link to it

http://www.berocca.co.uk/boost/frequently-asked-questions.htm

Archived