Travelling this weekend--need help!

Nicole M

Hi there. I am currently on Day 8 of my W30. This weekend I am travelling with the volleyball team I coach. I will be staying in a hotel that does not have refrigerators in the rooms, so I will be taking a cooler with me. They have a "hot" breakfast, but I am not really sure what will be compliant with that... if anything.

What are some suggestions of compliant foods that will travel well and stay well in a cooler with ice? I was thinking of making a ton of tuna/chicken salad, maybe steaming some veg, getting some compliant cold cuts or something, taking some fruit and my coconut butter..

any other ideas? I do not want to blow this over a weekend out of town!

I used to be in sales so sometimes I had no choice but to eat hard boiled eggs while driving. Then I had a can of sliced black olives and mini carrots and sliced red and orange bell peppers. I used to set the olive on the tip of the carrot. It was like the carrots were wearing little hats. :)

One of the downloadable PDFs on this site has a full list of road trip food :)

Call ahead to the hotel and fax them your allowed food lists, they should be able to accommodate you, at least with eggs cooked in olive oil (if they can't, I'd avoid eating there altogether, including coffee).

Cans can be useful as well as your cooler (although heavy). Tuna, green beans, artichokes, etc.

Archived