Plant Based Recipes

Sept30

Hello!  I'm just starting the Plant Based Whole30 program! 

There are many sources that have recipes that state they are Whole30 compliant.  How do you know if they are legitimately compliant?  I'm looking for additional recipes for the Plant Based program in addition to what is listed on the Whole30 site.  Anyone have any good sources?  

Thank you!

• Moderators

In order to know, you have to consider the recipe against the rules of the program. First check the ingredients - if there are any ingredients that are not compatible with the program, then you either need to substitute them or switch recipes.  Second, make sure the recipe isn't going against the Pancake Rule or the No Recreating Baked goods rule... so no 'ice cream' regardless of the ingredients, no 'home made crackers', no 'noodles' that are not just a veg cut into a noodle shape.  Once you've checked both those things, then you'll know if the recipe is actually Whole30 compatible or not.  It's good to start a practice of reading through a recipe like this, even if you know it's from a reputable source - then it becomes second nature to do a quick scan and determine for yourself if it's good to go.

• 7 months later...

I don't know where else to report this...I'm a long-time Whole30 devotee who's just starting a plant-based cycle (so excited to finally see this come to pass!!!).  While looking at the recipes, I noticed that the recipe for the plant-based 7 layer dip has a couple of significant errors.  It references taco seasoning one place in the instructions, but the list of ingredients doesn't include that item.  Also, the amount of pico de gallo is listed as 11 cups (oops???).  Maybe someone can go in and review/edit that recipe?  :-)

Thank you in advance for sending this note on to whomever can make corrections.... :-)

• Moderators
On 5/2/2023 at 4:48 PM, Acadiamom said:

I don't know where else to report this...I'm a long-time Whole30 devotee who's just starting a plant-based cycle (so excited to finally see this come to pass!!!).  While looking at the recipes, I noticed that the recipe for the plant-based 7 layer dip has a couple of significant errors.  It references taco seasoning one place in the instructions, but the list of ingredients doesn't include that item.  Also, the amount of pico de gallo is listed as 11 cups (oops???).  Maybe someone can go in and review/edit that recipe?  :-)

Thank you in advance for sending this note on to whomever can make corrections.... :-)

Uh oh!  Okay, can you provide a link to the recipe? We have cookbooks, Instagram, Facebook, Forum recipes and then the entire community of people who post Whole30 compatible recipes that we don't have any control over, so it's hard to know where to look for this one :)