fats for food aversions

Sparkle Ninja

Im wondering if anyone has any more creative ideas for incorporating fats into meals, especially for someone with multiple food aversions.   let me explain further.   My husband,  without much forethought, decided to join my whole30 in support,   not taking into account his serious number of food aversions.   were on day 8 and Im doing well and hes feeling horrible.  Hes another day, maybe 2 away from giving up completely,  and I really want to continue together,  as its been a wonderful support.     Im making/seeing what hes eating,  I am most concerned that hes not getting enough fat, and thats making him feel (and act) miserable.  He doesnt eat any form of eggs,  (unless baked in a cake) no avocado, no coconut, no nut butters,  will eat an almond but is already sick of them,  no fish/seafood,  no ghee (hes been having clarified butter) and no olives,  but will cook/eat olive oil.   so mostly all the fat,  has anyone got any ideas?   or should I give him permission to "fail" and hope I can make it alone.....

• Moderators

Ultimately you can only be responsible for yourself. He's an adult who can decide for himself what he eats, if he wants to do Whole30, you can explain that you think incorporating more fat may help him feel more satisfied with meals, and he can decide what he wants to do with that information. If he decides this is not for him, he can still be supportive of you, by eating what you fix for shared meals, even if he supplements that with non-whole30 foods, by keeping the things you find most tempting out of the house, and by not pressuring you to eat things you don't want to eat.

As far as adding fat, maybe do skin-on chicken (This is a good recipe), add sauces or dressings over meats and vegetables (could be ranch dressing, chimichurri sauce, Whole30 compatible pesto sauce, even salad dressings), roasted vegetables instead of steamed. You might be able to sneak eggs in in things like vegetable fritters, where egg just binds the ingredients together and isn't noticeable. 

• 1 month later...

Im contemplating whether anybody has any more inventive thoughts for integrating fats into dinners, particularly for somebody with different food abhorrences. allow me to make sense of further. My better half, absent a lot of planning, chose to join my whole30 in help, not considering his serious number of food repugnances. were on day 8 and Im getting along admirably and hes feeling horrendous. Hes one more day, perhaps 2 away from surrendering totally, and I truly need to go on together, as its been a superb help. Im making/seeing what hes eating, I'm most worried that hes not getting sufficient fat, and that is causing him to feel (and act) hopeless. He doesnt eat any type of eggs, (except if prepared in a cake) no avocado, no coconut, no nut spreads, will eat an almond yet is as of now tired of them, no fish/fish, no ghee (hes been having explained margarine) and no olives, however will cook/eat olive oil. so generally all the fat, does anybody have any thoughts? or on the other hand would it be advisable for me I allow him to "fizzle" and trust I can make it alone.

Archived